|Full name||Årvoll Idrettslag|
|Founded||16 October 1932|
It was founded on 16 October 1932. The club colors are red and blue. Their home field is Årvoll kunstgress.
The men's football team currently plays in the Fourth Division, the fifth tier of Norwegian football, after being relegated from the Third Division in 2010. It last played in the Norwegian Second Division in 2000.
Årvoll has a history of cooperation with other clubs in football. In 2001 it formed (together with Linderud IL and Hasle-Løren IL) the umbrella team Bjerkealliansen, which operated on junior level (age 19 and below). Hasle-Løren backed out ahead of the 2009 season. Ahead of the 2003 season Årvoll's senior team gave up its spot in the league system (then Third Division) to cooperate on the umbrella team Groruddalen BK. Groruddalen BK became a success, was promoted to the Second Division and contended for the First Division, but after the 2008 season it was over. In the meantime, Årvoll, which had started anew, had climbed back up to the Third Division.
- Hofoss, Espen (30 November 2006). "Forener kreftene på fotballbanen". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). p. 38.
- Grønlien, Bjørn (20 August 2008). "Krangel etter brudd – Hasle-Løren ute av Bjerkealliansen fra neste år". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). p. 19.
- Fredriksen, Janne (1 October 2002). "Groruddalen satser på ett lag". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). p. 22.
- Hofoss, Espen (17 December 2008). "Gir opp satsingen". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). p. 19.
- Official site (Norwegian)
|This article about a Norwegian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|