This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Established||July 9, 1997|
|Provost||Prof. Dr. Kenan Taş|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Hamdi Mollamahmutoğlu Vice- rector = Prof.Dr. Kenan Taş|
|Colors||Black and yellow|
Çankaya University (Turkish: Çankaya Üniversitesi) was established on July 9, 1997 by the Sıtkı Alp Education Foundation in Ankara, Turkey. The university began its teaching in the Fall 1997 semester. Sıtkı Alp is the chairman of the board of trustees.
- 1 Academic Programs
- 2 Academic Year
- 3 History
- 4 Faculties and departments
- 5 Institutes
- 6 Research centers
- 7 Sport club
- 8 Affiliations
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Çankaya University possesses 5 faculties with 21 departments; two institutes with 17 postgraduate master programs and 6 Ph.D programs; 2 vocational schools with 3 programs; and one English preparatory school to support English language education.
One academic year consists of two semesters each of which includes at least 14 weeks. Lessons are designed for one semester.
Çankaya University is a university owned by a private foundation in Çankaya, Ankara, Turkey. The university was established by Sıtkı Alp, as a transition of his secondary education level school, the Arı Koleji, into a higher education institute, and opened by the former president of Turkey, Süleyman Demirel, in 1997.
In 2011, Turkuaz campus that is also known as New Campus opened. Many departments and faculties moved there. Area of Turkuaz campus is approximately 440.000 square meters. In addition, the new campus was awarded by the Arkitera Architecture Center.
Faculties and departments
Faculty of Architecture
- Dean:[Prof.Dr.Harun Batırbaygil]
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Acting Dean: Prof. Dr. Ali Dönmez"
- English Language and Literature
- Translation and Interpreting Studies (English)
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Dean: Prof. Dr. M. Mete Doğanay"
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration (Management)
- International Trade
- Political Science and International Relations
Faculty of Engineering
- Dean: Prof. Dr. "Nevzat Onur"
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Faculty of Law
- Dean: Prof. Dr. Mehmet Turhan
Vocational High School of Justice
- Assistant Prof. Elvan Keçelioğlu
Çankaya Vocational Training School
- Principal: Ass.Prof. Dr. Bülent Özsaçmacı
Preparatory School of English
- Principal: Bülent İnal
Institute of Natural Sciences
- Computer Engineering - Master's degree
- Electronics and Communication Engineering - Master and Doctorate degree
- Industrial Engineering - Master's degree
- Mechanical Engineering - Master and Doctorate degree
- Maths-computer - Master
- Information technologies - Master
- Interior architect - Master
Institute of Social Sciences
- Business administration (MBA) - Master and Doctorate degree
- Human resources management - Master
- International trade and finance - Master
- Public law - Master and Doctorate degree
- Private law - Master and Doctorate degree
- English literature and Cultural studies - Master and Doctorate degree
- Financial economics - Master
- Political sciences - Master
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Application of Innovation and Research
- Center for Research and Application in Law
- Center for Research and Application in Women's Studies
- Center for Research and Application in Atatürk's Principles and the Revolutionary History
- Center for Continuing Education, Consultation and Application
Çankaya University Sports Club was established in 1986 as Arı Spor. Later, its name was changed as Çankaya University Sports Club. Currently, the sports club continues its activities at Çankaya University's Balgat Campus.
- "Tarihçe - Çankaya Üniversitesi" (in Turkish). Çankaya Üniversitesi. 22 August 2011.
- "Aday Öğrenci Katalog" (in Turkish). Çankaya Üniversitesi. 4 August 2016.
- "Arkiv Seçkileri 2011" (in Turkish). Çankaya Üniversitesi. 21 February 2012.
- "Arkiv Seçkileri 2011" (in Turkish). Arkitera Mimarlık Merkezi. 21 February 2012.
- Tüm Uyeler. kunib.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Çankaya University.|