|• Administrative Unit||918|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Çarçovë (also: Çarshovë) is a village, a municipal unit and a former municipality in the Gjirokastër County, southern Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became a subdivision of the municipality Përmet. The population at the 2011 census was 918. The municipal unit consists of the villages Çarçovë, Vllaho-Psilloterë, Biovizhdë, Zhepë, Draçovë, Iliar-Munushtir, Strëmbec, Pëllumbar and Kanikol.
Two villages in the former municipality of Çarçovë (in Greek: Τσαρτσόβα/Tsartsova or Κεράσοβο/Kerasovo) are predominantly Greek speaking, in particular: Biovizhdë and Vllaho-Psilloterë. Some Greek speakers also exist in the nearby villages of Zhepë and Draçovë. Greek and Aromanian communities are found at the town of Çarçovë.
- Law nr. 115/2014
- 2011 census results
- Greece – Albania Neighbourhood Programme
- Kokolakis, Michalis (2004). Η Τουρκική Στατιστική της Ηπείρου στο Σαλμανέ του 1895 (PDF) (in Greek). Athens, Greece: Institute of Modern Greek Studies. p. 273. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- Dimitropoulos, Kontsantinos-Fotios (2011). "The Social and Political Structure of Hellenism in Albania in the Post-Hotza Era". www.didaktorika.gr. Panteion University: 11, 13. doi:10.12681/eadd/23044. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Nitsiakos, Vassilis (2010). On the border: Transborder mobility, ethnic groups and boundaries along the Albanian-Greek frontier. LIT Verlag. p. 80. "Çarçovë is the base of the homonymous municipality (Komuna Çarçovë), which includes nine more villages, Biovizhdë, Vllaho-Psilloterrë, Zhepë, Kanikol, Dracovë, Pëllumbar, Strembec, Iliar, Manushtir-Toranik, the first two of which are Greek speaking."; pp. 249-263.
- al.], editors, Vassilis Nitsiakos ... [et (2011). Balkan border crossings : second annual of the Konitsa Summer School. Berlin: Lit. pp. 149–150. ISBN 9783643800923.
"Greeks... as well as in neighbourhoods in Permet and Carshove.... Vlachs also live in mixed neighbourhoods in Permet, Carshove and Leskovik.
|This article about a specific location in Gjirokastër County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|