Location of Çayıralan within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Çakmak Çetin (CHP)|
|• District||1,260.98 km2 (486.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,348 m (4,423 ft)|
|• District density||13/km2 (33/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Çayıralan is a town and district of Yozgat Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. The average altitude is 1,500 m above sea level. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 32,880 of which 14,046 live in the town of Çayıralan. It has one of the largest forest areas in Central Anatolia. The district also possesses marble mines.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çayıralan, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- General information on Çayıralan (Turkish)
- A nostalgic photo of Çayıralan
- A view of marble mines in Çayıralan
|This geographical article about a location in Yozgat Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|