Location of Çubuk, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Cemal Şahin|
|• Mayor||Lokman Özden (AKP)|
|• District||1,361.60 km2 (525.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• District density||61/km2 (160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Çubuk is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, outside the city of Ankara. Çubuk is the flat plain 38 km north of the city where Ankara airport is located. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 81,747 of which 76,716 live in the town of Çubuk. The district covers an area of 1,362 km2 (526 sq mi), and the average elevation is 1,100 m (3,609 ft).
Places of interest
- Karagöl rocks, picnic area
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute[permanent dead link]
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çubuk, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Kenthaber.com. "General information on Çubuk district of Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Governorship of Çubuk, Turkey. "Physical structure and map of Çubuk" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|