Location of Çumra within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Yusuf Erdem (MHP)|
|• District||2,217.79 km2 (856.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,020 m (3,350 ft)|
|• District density||29/km2 (75/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The town of Çumra is at Coordinates: at an altitude of 1,020 m. It is an important stop on the Istanbul to Baghdad railway. It is central to the 500 km²/120,000 acre Çumra irrigation zone, in the Konya plain, that was established in 1912.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- PlanetWare.com - Çumra, Turkey
- Eskinazi.com - Central Anatolia
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çumra, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Konya Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|