École nationale supérieure d'ingénieurs de Poitiers
|Motto||Ingénierie pour la protection de l'environnement|
|Affiliations||Université de Poitiers, CDEFI|
The École nationale supérieure d'ingénieurs de Poitiers (ENSI Poitiers) is a French generalist engineering grande école in Poitiers, the regional capital of Poitou-Charentes. Its focus is on the protection of the environment and is part of the University of Poitiers, one of the oldest universities in Europe.
Its roots come from Institut de sciences et techniques de Poitiers, a department of the University of Poitiers created in 1972. The Graduate Engineering School took over from it and was established in 1984. Then its buildings have been moved in 1996, in the campus, and it is located with the number B1.
At the beginning, the French grande école was called École supérieure d'ingénieurs de Poitiers (ESIP) and in 2010 it has changed its name.
The presidents of ENSIP were chronologically Michel Blanchard, Marcel Doré, Jean-Hugues Thomassin, Bernard Legube and Jean-Yves Chenebault.
The admission is decided after concourse at the end of preparatory classes, a highly selective system. It is also possible to be admitted after a Diplôme universitaire de technologie for the best of their promotions.
- The Energetic, systems and electrical Engineering department
- Lighting, Acoustics and Thermal studies
- Electrical Energy Optimization and Control
- Environment and Transportation
- The Environmental and Civil Engineering department
- Water and waste treatment
- Construction and Geotechnics
A partnership leads to a Master of Science in turbulence with a scholarship between ENSIP, ENSMA et Centrale Lille. Students can develop a double-competence with IAE Poitiers and their master's in business administration.
Three laboratories support the school:
- LIAS: a computer laboratory after the merge of LAII (Laboratoire Automatique et Informatique Industrielle) and on other laboratory.
- IC2MP: a chemical laboratory which gathers HYDRASA (HYDRogéologie, Argiles, Sols, Altération), LACCO (LAboratoire Catalyse en Chimie Organique) and LCME (Laboratoire Chimie et Microbiologie de l'Eau) from ENSIP and another one.
- Institut Pprime: a physical laboratory which regroups LEA (Laboratoire Etudes Aerodynamiques) and LET (Laboratoire Etudes Thermiques) from the ENSIP added by four more laboratories
We call ENSIPiens people who study at ENSIP.
It is possible to play almost every sports, and it is even possible to play golf near the campus and sail in La Rochelle. Besides being part of the University of Poitiers and enjoy its facilities, the School has its own athletic teams in football, rugby, handball and volley.
The Journées Information Eaux is a biannual congress which gathers famous researchers and professionals in the water domain.
An international school
Here are some universities who dealt partnerships:
- (French) Dix jours de promo à l'Ensip, La nouvelle république, Sylvaine Hausseguy, March the 2nd of 2011
- (French) Recrutement, ENSIP
- (French) Formation > Diplôme d'ingénieur - Energie, ENSIP
- (French) Formation > Diplôme d'ingénieur - Eau et Génie Civil, ENSIP
- (French) International Master in Turbulence
- (French) Master 2 Administration des entreprises - MAE, IAE Poitiers
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to École nationale supérieure d'ingénieurs de Poitiers.|