École Polytechnique de l'Université de Nantes
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|IRESTE, ISITEM & ESA IGELEC|
|Director||René Le Gall|
Rue Christian Pauc
44306 NANTES CEDEX 3
|Campus||multiple campuses : Nantes, Saint-Nazaire and La Roche-sur-Yon|
|Affiliations||University of Nantes, Polytech group, Conférence des Grandes Ecoles|
École polytechnique de l'Université de Nantes (also known as Polytech Nantes) is a French Grande École which provides curricula and run research programmes in a variety of scientific and technological fields:
- electronic and digital technologies
- civil engineering
- electrical engineering
- process and bioprocess engineering
- computer science
- materials science
- thermal and energy science
- energies (by apprenticeship)
- networking and telecoms systems(by apprenticeship)
Polytech Nantes offers scientific and multidisciplinary training courses which correspond to high-level international Master’s degrees (Master of Science, Master of engineering with Honors). Scientific, technical, professional, linguistic, social and human elements are critical aspects of the course and the hallmarks of a French engineer. French speaking students may attend any semester’s programmes in French.
Deadlines for applications : • Autumn semester (september to january) or for the entire year. Deadlines for applications: april 30th • Spring semester (january to may). Deadlines for applications: november 15th
Five engineering specialities currently offer engineering semesters in English: • Computer Science (Spring and Autumn – M1 and M2 level) • Electronic and Digital Technologies (Autumn semester only - M2 level) • Electrical Engineering (Autumn semester only - M2 level) • Process and Bioprocess Engineering (Autumn semester only - M2 level) • Thermal and Energy Sciences (Autumn semester only - M2 level)
The school has agreements with more than 50 foreign universities and companies, as well as European universities through Erasmus+ exchange programs. It allows Polytech Nantes to receive and send students wishing to gain experience of working abroad. Incoming students receive a warm welcome when they arrive at Polytech Nantes. Its international partnerships have allowed Polytech Nantes to develop a complete range of programs taught in English, thanks to the quality of its research and teaching staff.
International master's degrees :
- Master 2 Data Science / Advanced courses in data science, performing analyses and interpreting data.
- Master 2 Electrical Energy / Advanced courses in electrical energy (sustainable development, multi-source systems, energy conversion...)
- Master 2 Microalgae Bioprocess Engineering /Advanced courses to develop industrial processes for microalgae valorization.
- Master 2 Thermal Science and Energy /Advanced courses in heat transfer, fluid mechanics and energy systems.
- Master 2 Visual Computing /Advanced courses in visual information acquisition, processing, analysis and rendering.
- Master 2 Wireless Embedded Technologies /Advanced courses in the design and control of wireless communicating objects.
It is located on three distinct campuses:
- "La Chantrerie" Nantes in the city of
- "Gavy" Saint-Nazaire in the city of
- "La Courtaisière' in the city of La Roche-sur-Yon
The school was created in January 2000 through the merging of three existing engineering schools: ESA-IGELEC, IRESTE, and ISITEM.
Polytech Nantes is a department of the University of Nantes and a member of the Polytech group which is a network of 14 graduate engineering schools within France's leading science universities located in Marseille, Nantes, Montpellier, Nice, Annecy-Chambéry, Grenoble, Paris Upmc, Paris sud, Clermont-Ferrand, Orléans, Tours, Lyon, Lille and Nancy.