Motto in English
|Computer science and information technology|
|Type||Private, Grande École|
|Campus||Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, Villejuif, La Défense|
|Affiliations||IONIS Education Group, CGE, Concours Advance, Elles Bougent, Cap Digital, Systematic Paris-Region|
The École Pour l'Informatique et les Techniques Avancées (English: EPITA School of Engineering and Computer Science), more commonly known as EPITA, is a private French grande école specialized in the field of computer science and software engineering created in 1984 by Patrice Dumoucel. It is a private engineering school, member of IONIS Education Group since 1994, accredited by the Commission des titres d'ingénieur (CTI) to deliver the French Diplôme d'Ingénieur, and based at Le Kremlin-Bicêtre south of Paris.
The school is part of IONIS Education Group.
The first year
The third year is the first year of engineering studies, where students learn the fundamentals in information technology and software engineering. This year is also famous for its first month, during which students will be asked to make several projects, which generally lead them to code more than 15 hours per day. Third year students are known to say that "sleeping is cheating" and usually remember this year as their most painstaking year at EPITA.
During the fourth and fifth years students have to choose one of the nine majors:
- IMAGE, Traitement et synthèse d'image ("Image processing and synthesis")
- SRS, Systèmes, Réseaux et Sécurité ("Systems, Networks and Security")
- MTI, Multimédia et Technologies de l'Information ("Multimedia and Information Technology")
- SCIA, Sciences Cognitives et Informatique Avancée ("Cognitive Science and Advanced Computer Science")
- SANTÉ, Data science généraliste (General data science)
- GISTRE, Génie Informatique des Systèmes Temps Réel et Embarqués ("Computer Engineering, Real-time Systems and Embedded System")
- SIGL, Systèmes d’Information et Génie Logiciel ("Information Systems and Software Engineering")
- TCOM, Télécommunications ("Telecommunication")
- GITM, Global IT Management (Entirely taught in English)
- RECHERCHE, (Majeure double compétence orientée vers la recherche académique)
The Department of International Programs is currently offering 5 programs:
- International Bachelor of Computer Science The program boosts a comprehensive curriculum, offering interdisciplinary courses in computer programming, algorithms and computer architecture. It is composed of 6 semesters over a period of 3 years, including internship and French classes. Graduates of this program will have the possibility of pursuing our Master programs.
- Master of Science in Computer Science The program provides a perfect combination of the most important and powerful theoretical basis of computing, and their applications in the areas of current technology and professional fields. It includes courses common to all students as well as specific semesters depending on students's choice of specialization. The 4 specializations are as follows:
- Innovative Information Systems Management
- Software Engineering
- Computer Security
- Data Science & Analytics
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence Systems The program trains students to solve complex problems using AI techniques and tools through equipping them with a solid foundation of mathematics and programming skills. It also expands students’ interpersonal and commercial capacities so that they can adapt to the ever-evolving business environment.trains students to solve complex problems using AI techniques and tools through equipping them with a solid foundation of mathematics and programming skills. It also expands students’ interpersonal and commercial capacities so that they can adapt to the ever-evolving business environment.
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence for Marketing Strategy A joint degree with EM Normandie Business School, the program equips students with AI skills so that they can apply the technology to enhancing an organization's marketing strategies and decision-making process. It is open to candidates holding a 4-year bachelor's degree (or higher) or a 3-year bachelor's degree with professional experience, regardless of their discipline.
- Master of Computer Engineering Accredited by the Commission des titres d'ingénieur (CTI), the program prepares students to become computer engineers who can easily find a professional position anywhere in the world. Graduates of this program will be awarded the “diplôme d’ingénieur” and will possess both technical and soft skills. They will have a wide choice on the job market whether they choose a career in France or abroad.
- (in French)Trois nouvelles grandes écoles membres de la CGE
- (in French)Ecole Pour l’Informatique et les Techniques Avancées
- (in French)Mentions légales
- (in French)Ecole pour l'Informatique et les Techniques Avancées
- (in French)Pourquoi les écoles d’ingénieurs partent à la conquête des régions
- (in French)EPITA - KREMLIN-BICÊTRE
- (in English and French) Official website
- (in French) The Multimedia and Information Technology major
- (in French) The Information Systems and Software Engineering major
- (in French) The Systems, Network and Security major
- (in English) The Research and Development laboratory
- (in French) The Systems and Security laboratory
- (in French) The Innovation laboratory