École supérieure de commerce de La Rochelle
|Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle|
|Budget||30 million Euros|
|Location||La Rochelle, Tours, Poitiers, Orléans, France|
La Rochelle Business School, created in 1988, is a French university-level institution of higher education and member of the network of French Grandes Ecoles. It is a non-profit organisation linked to the La Rochelle Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI). Olivier Guyottot is the Dean for the Group as of 2016. The school has an enrollment of approximately 3,400 students.
The school is a permanent member of the Business Schools’ Conference (Conférence des Grandes Ecole) since 2005, it possesses ISO 9001 certification. In June 2013, the Business School was officially granted for the prestigious AACSB Accreditation, reaching the top level of the 5% leading business schools of the world. By September 1, 2016, La Rochelle Business School has incorporated ESCEM, the former, AACSB accredited School of Business and Management of Tours, Poitiers, and Orléans.
LRBS has also been awarded with TedQual accreditation, delivered by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), for all its programs in Tourism Management. It is the first and only school in France to obtain TedQual accreditation for both Bachelor and MBA programs.
The school has partnerships or arrangements with more than 170 Universities around the world. The school obligates all students to be volunteers and participate in humanitarian or citizen action along with their studies.
The school is accredited by The French Ministry of Education (French: Le Ministère de L'éducation Nationale), The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EPAS) since 2011 and The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 2013.
La Rochelle Business School entered the Financial Times Ranking of European Business Schools at rank 76 in 2014 and climbed to rank 71 in 2015. Its Master in Management is ranked 48th among all European Business Schools in 2015.
In 2015, in the French magazine Le Point ranking, LRBS's Master of Management ranked 21th of all 200 French business schools, out of which only 36 are eligible for ranking. In the Challenges Classement de Grandes Écoles de Commerce 2016 and the L'Étudiant Palmares 2017, LRBS ranked 18th and 20th within similar populations.
Master Program (Programme Grande Ecole)
- ESC Master in Management: , the Programme Grande Ecole, is leading to a d Master in Management. Each student spends 6 to 12 intensive months in another university of the world.
- Bachelor in International Business: 4-year program after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, including 2 years of studies abroad with possibility of double degrees (English and French tracks are available).
- Bachelor Business : 3-year general business program after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, giving access to a various list of positions in French or foreign companies (taught in French, no English track).
- Bachelor in Management of Tourism : 3-year specialised program in tourism after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, very popular for lots of major tourism companies (English and French tracks are available).
- The School also offers since 1999 two ranges of MBA Programs :
- Environment and Sustainable Development Strategy
- Internationalisation and Audit/Consulting
- Bank and Customer Relationship Management
- Premium and Luxury Products Marketing
- International Corporate Strategy
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Event Management Organisation
- Applied Industrial Management
MBA Tourism and Services
- Touristic Destination Management
- Hospitality Management
- Sport Management
Partner Universities (Selection)
- Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt, Austria
- University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- University of Bamberg, Germany
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- National University of Ireland, Ireland
- University of Limerick, Ireland
- LUISS Business School, Italy
- Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Poland
- Lomonosov State University Moscow, Russia
- University of Granada, Spain
- Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Plymouth University, UK
La Rochelle Business School has been recruiting international students since 2008. Currently counting 600 international students from more than 30 countries, the institution is characterized by blend of cultures and experiences within each module and program. A common admission program names Passworld gives access for 2-year or 3-year programs, to more than 10 french business schools, including La Rochelle.
The student alumni network consists of more than 12,000 professionals currently working in more than 70 countries around the world.
- "News La Rochelle Business School".
- "ESC La Rochelle Passerelle". http://www.passerelle-esc.com. External link in
- "Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle". http://www.ecoles2commerce.com. External link in
- "Sup de Co La Rochelle programme grande ecole". http://www.mec-info.com. External link in
- "Informations sur ESC La Rochelle". http://www.classementgrandesecoles.com. External link in
- "FNEGE website". http://www.fnege.com. External link in
- "La Rochelle Business School Accreditations" (PDF).
- "La Rochelle Business School Accreditations".