|Full name||Édouard Osoque Mendy|
|Date of birth||1 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Montivilliers, France|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 6 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12:19, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
Mendy was born to a Senegalese mother and a Bissau-Guinean father. In November 2016, he was called-up by Guinea-Bissau to play friendly matches against Portuguese clubs Belenenses and Estoril. At the time, his father was very ill and was about to pass away, leading Mendy to honour him playing for the Bissau-Guinean national team. Shortly after, he was shortlisted by Guinea-Bissau to play the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations for them, but he has ultimately rejected the call and pledged his future to Senegal.
- As of matches played on 27 July 2019
|Senegal national team|
- "Senegal" (PDF). Confederation of African Football. 15 June 2019. p. 20. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "Edouard Mendy - Stade Rennais".
- Édouard Mendy at Soccerway. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Ensemble, fêtons nos champions ! - Stade de Reims". 7 May 2018. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "edouard-mendy-nouveau-gardien-du-stade-rennais-fc". www.staderennais.com. Stade Rennais. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Djurtus: Lista de convocados do para o amistoso com Belenenses e Estoril" (in Portuguese). Sou Djurtu. 12 November 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Stade de Reims- Edouard Mendy : "Le Sénégal ? Mon choix a toujours été de représenter cette sélection"" (in French). Galsenfoot. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
I was contacted by Guinea (Guinea-Bissau), it goes back to last winter (2016). I could have participated in the (2017) African Cup of Nations, but I finally declined this proposal. I was a little rushed to mention this possibility, I went through a personal period a little complicated, I almost lost my father, of Guinean (Bissau-Guinean) origin, who was very sick. This decision was to pleasure him, not really my choice. I have always wanted to represent Senegal, my mother's homeland. In difficult moments, we do not always take the necessary time for reflection and therefore not always the right decisions.
- "CAN 2017 – Guinée-Bissau : Une Première liste de 35 joueurs" (in French). Football 365. 19 December 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- Édouard Mendy at National-Football-Teams.com