Neighbourhood of Clef de Saint-Pierre and Élancourt Hill
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2001 - (in office))||Jean-Michel Fourgous|
|8.51 km2 (3.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||100–175 m (328–574 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Élancourt (French: [elɑ̃kuʁ] (listen)) is a commune in the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France in north-central France. It is located in the western suburbs of Paris, 30.6 km (19.0 mi) from the center of Paris, in the "new town" of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines.
Élancourt is not linked directly to the Paris Métro, RER, or suburban rail network. The closest station to Élancourt is La Verrière (SNCF) on the Transilien La Défense and Transilien Paris – Montparnasse suburban rail lines. This station is located in the neighbouring commune of La Verrière, 1.4 km (0.9 mi) from the town center of Élancourt.
France Miniature is a tourist attraction in Élancourt featuring scale models of major French landmarks and monuments in an outdoor park.
The commune has 13 preschools and 10 elementary schools.
Public junior high schools in Élancourt:
- Collège de l’Agiot
- Collège de la Clef de Saint-Pierre
- Collège Louis Pergaud
In addition the community is served by Collège Alexandre Dumas and two public senior high schools/sixth form colleges, Lycée Dumont d’Urville and Lycée Polyvalent des 7 Mares, all in nearby Maurepas.
Twin towns – sister cities
- Laubach, Germany, since 1975
- Cassina de' Pecchi, Italy, since 1997
- Gräfenhainichen, Germany, since 2003
- Attard, Malta
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Les groupes scolaires." Élancourt. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Collèges et Lycées." Élancourt. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "L’Université." Élancourt. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Jumelages". elancourt.fr (in French). Élancourt. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Élancourt.|
|This Yvelines geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|