Yung at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
|Born||22 February 1981|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
Élodie Yung (French pronunciation: [elɔdi juŋ]; born 22 February 1981) is a French actress. She is best known for her role as Elektra Natchios in the second season of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Netflix series Daredevil and the Netflix miniseries The Defenders.
Yung was born in Paris, on 22 February 1981. Her father is Cambodian and her mother is French. She grew up in Seine-Saint-Denis. Her father enrolled her in karate classes at age 9, and she eventually became a black belt in her late teens. Yung earned a law degree at the University of Paris with the intention of becoming a judge. However, at the age of 29, she instead pursued acting at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Yung's first roles were on TV after she started receiving acting role proposals when she was 20 years old. Following her 2004 film debut as female lead Tsu in Les fils du vent, she played the gang lord Tao in District 13: Ultimatum. Yung returned to TV for the first three seasons of the successful police series Les Bleus with Clémentine Célarié. Yung appeared in the 2011 film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo as Miriam Wu, a romantic interest of Lisbeth Salander. In 2013, she appeared on the silver screen as the ninja Jinx in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. She starred in the film Gods of Egypt (2016), as the goddess Hathor. She plays Elektra in season 2 of Daredevil in 2016, and reprised the role in 2017 in The Defenders. In 2020, Yung played the role of Catherine in the Disney+ film Secret Society of Second-Born Royals.
In June 2018, Yung announced she was pregnant with her first child. Her daughter with actor Jonathan Howard, Minavann Yung Howard, was born early August 2018. In 2017, Yung commented on her cultural upbringing and identity and said "I’ve grown up in Cambodian culture, but I am French. I feel completely French.”
|2004||Les fils du vent||Tsu|
|2008||Home Sweet Home||Marie-Jo|
|2009||District 13: Ultimatum||Tao|
|Let Her||The woman||Short film|
|2011||The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo||Miriam Wu|
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Kim Arashikage / Jinx|
|2014||10 Things I Hate About Life|
|Believe||Murray's Wife||Short film|
|2016||Gods of Egypt||Hathor|
|2017||The Hitman's Bodyguard||Amelia Roussel|
|2020||Secret Society of Second-Born Royals||Queen Catherine||Disney+ film|
|2002–2003||La vie devant nous||Jade Perrin||30 episodes|
|2005–2007||Mademoiselle Joubert||Fanny Ledoin||3 episodes|
|2006–2010||Les Bleus||Laura Maurier||29 episodes|
|2007||Sécurité intérieure||Joséphine||Television miniseries|
|2009||Little Wenzhou||Su||Television movie|
|2016||Of Kings and Prophets||Rizpah||1 episode|
|2016||Daredevil||Elektra Natchios||Main role; 10 episodes (Season 2)|
|2017||The Defenders||Main role; 8 episodes |
|2017||Call of Duty: WWII||Olivia Durant|
- Ty, Kanara (15 June 2013). "Yung at Heart: G.I. Joe star Élodie Yung opens up". Audrey. Archived from the original on 25 May 2016. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Tucker, Reed (16 August 2017). "Badass Marvel 'Defender' Elodie Yung could kick your butt in real life, too". New York Post. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Betancourt, David (16 March 2016). "This 'Daredevil' actress used her karate skills to play one of TV's toughest characters". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Grey, Tobias (Summer 2004). "France's new urban superheroes". Paris Voice. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Xuzuxuxjxjcj|url=https://thelast-magazine.com/elodie-yung/ |title=ELODIE YUNG |last=Kwong |first=Lily |work=The Last magazine |date=15 August 2017 |access-date=23 November 2017}}
- Okwodu, Janelle (7 April 2016). "Daredevil Star Elodie Yung Kicks Butt On and Off the Red Carpet". Vogue. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "La féminité est un atout, je n'hésite pas à en user" [Femininity is an asset, I don't hesitate to use it.]. Le Figaro. 5 November 2012.
Élodie Yung, action girl. La belle eurasienne de 'Millennium' et 'G.I. Joe'... [Élodie Yung, action girl. The beautiful Eurasian woman from Millennium and G.I. Joe...]
- "Les Bleus, episode listings". Universal France DVD.
- Borys Kit (10 June 2011). "G.I. Joe: Elodie Yung in talks to join new movie (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Jen Yamato (20 February 2014). "Elodie Yung joins Summit's Gods of Egypt". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Andrew Steinbeiser (7 July 2015). "Elodie Yung cast as Elektra for Daredevil Season 2". ComicBook.com. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "ELODIE ⚡️YUNG on Instagram: "Surprise! My little sunshine ☀️"". Instagram.
- "Jonathan Howard on Instagram: "Friends, Instagrammers and Social Media, lend me your ears... Let me introduce you to the new love of my life.. Minavann Yung Howard!"". Instagram.
- Jenna Anderson: 'Daredevil' Star Elodie Yung Welcomes Baby Girl. comicbook.com, 14 August 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Élodie Yung.|