Jump to navigation Jump to search
Portrait of Étienne Parent
|Born||May 2, 1802|
|Died||December 22, 1874 (aged 72)|
|Occupation||journalist, editor, lawyer, member of provincial parliament, civil servant, essayist and lecturer|
For his eventual attacks on the government, he was briefly imprisoned, even though he did not actively join the Rebellion of 1837. After the Act of Union of 1840, he became a member of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Canada.
- "Étienne Parent". Dictionary of Canadian Biography (online ed.). University of Toronto Press. 1979–2016.
- Sebastien Tessier. "Parent, Étienne (1802-1874)", in Les Patriotes de 1837@1838, May 19, 2001
- Réginald Hamel, John Hare and Paul Wyczynski. "Parent, Étienne", in Dictionnaire des auteurs de langue française en Amérique du Nord, Éditions Fides, 1989 (online via BAnQ)
- Étienne Parent (1802-1874), Textes choisis et présentés par Paul-Eugène Gosselin (PDF, RTF, Word) digitized by Marcelle Bergeron for Les Classiques des sciences sociales
- Historica’s Heritage Minute video docudrama about “Étienne Parent.” (Adobe Flash Player.)
|This Quebec biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|