|Alma mater||Eötvös Loránd University|
|Awards||Fulkerson Prize (1988)|
Dantzig Prize (2006)
Gödel Prize (2012)
EATCS Award (2017)
IEEE John von Neumann Medal (2019)
|Doctoral advisor||András Frank|
|Doctoral students||Tim Roughgarden|
Tardos's research interest is algorithms. Her work focuses on the design and analysis of efficient methods for combinatorial optimization problems on graphs or networks. She has done some work on network flow algorithms like approximation algorithms for network flows, cut, and clustering problems. Her recent work focuses on algorithmic game theory and simple auctions.
Education and career
Tardos received her Dipl. Math in 1981 and her Ph.D. 1984 from the Faculty of Sciences of the Eötvös Loránd University under her advisor András Frank. She was the Chair of the Department of Computer Science at Cornell from 2006-2010, and she is currently serving as the Associate Dean of the College of Computing and Information Science.
She was editor-in-Chief of SIAM Journal on Computing from 2004-2009, and is currently the Economics and Computation area editor of the Journal of the ACM as well as on the Board of Editors of Theory of Computing.
Honors and awards
Tardos has been elected to the National Academy of Engineering (2007), the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the National Academy of Sciences (2013) and the American Philosophical Society (2020) She is also an ACM Fellow (since 1998), a Fellow of INFORMS, and a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society (2013) She is the recipient of Packard, Sloan Foundation, and Guggenheim fellowships.
She is the winner of the Fulkerson Prize (1988), the George B. Dantzig Prize (2006), the Van Wijngaarden Award (2011), the Gödel Prize (2012) and the EATCS Award (2017), In 2018 the Association for Women in Mathematics and Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics selected her as their annual Sonia Kovalevsky Lecturer. In 2019 she was awarded the IEEE John von Neumann Medal.
- "2019 - Eva Tardos". IEEE Advancing Technology for Humanity. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- Éva Tardos at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Biography". IEEE Computer Society. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- Theory of Computing editors
- National Academy of Sciences Members and Foreign Associates Elected, National Academy of Sciences, April 30, 2013.
- "The American Philosophical Society Welcomes New Members for 2020".
- INFORMS Fellow
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Eva Tardos receives EATCS computer science award". Cornell Chronicle. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "SIAM: The George B. Dantzig Prize". November 30, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "ACM SIGACT Presents Gödel Prize for Research that Illuminated Effects of Selfish Internet Use". ACM SIGACT. May 16, 2012. Archived from the original on July 18, 2013. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- , EATCS award list, July 11, 2017.
- Éva Tardos named AWM-SIAM Sonia Kovalevsky Lecturer, Association for Women in Mathematics, April 4, 2018
- Baseball Families and Math Families, William Gasarch, February 12, 2009.