|Elevation AMSL||8 ft / 2 m|
Located in a fjord, the approach to the runway requires aircraft to fly close to the surrounding terrain, making it unique and more challenging than at most airports. Approaches generally cannot be straight-in for either direction, and when landing to the northeast, a full 180 degree turn must be made before touchdown.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Iceland Connect||Reykjavík|
- THE AVIATION FACT FILE (Isavia)
- Airport information for BIIS from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for IFJ at Great Circle Mapper.
- Challenging approach at Ísafjörður
- Ísafjörður landing
- Birgir Olgeirsson (28 December 2019). "Flugmaður Air Iceland Connect lýsir beygjunni svakalegu inn að Ísafjarðarflugvelli". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 28 December 2019.
Media related to Ísafjörður Airport at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a European airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Icelandic building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Iceland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|