Óscar Díaz González
|Full name||Óscar Díaz González|
|Date of birth||24 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Striker|
|2005–2006||Real Madrid B||13||(2)|
|2008–2009||→ Celta (loan)||34||(2)|
|2010||→ Recreativo (loan)||16||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 June 2016.
Born in Madrid, Díaz finished his graduation with hometown's AD Alcorcón, and made his senior debuts with the reserves in the 2003–04 season. He was promoted to the first team the following year, scoring six goals in Segunda División B.
In the 2005 summer, Díaz joined local giants Real Madrid, being assigned to the B-side in Segunda División. He played his first game as a professional on 20 December 2005 by appearing in a 0–0 home draw against UE Lleida, and scored his first goal on 15 April of the following year, but in a 1–2 loss at Elche CF.
On 10 July 2006, Díaz signed with fellow league club Elche CF. After losing first-choice status in his second year, he joined RCD Mallorca in July 2008, being subsequently loaned to Celta de Vigo also in the second level.
Díaz eventually returned to the Balearic Islands in June 2009, but after not being included in manager Gregorio Manzano's plans, he joined Recreativo de Huelva on loan in January of the following year. He eventually left Mallorca in 2010, and moved to Xerez CD the following month.
After one and 1/2 years with the Azulinos, Díaz joined division two's Girona FC for an undisclosed fee. However, he failed to make an impact for the Andalusians, terminating his contract on 26 June 2012 and signing with CD Lugo a day after.
On 28 June 2013, Díaz signed a one-year deal with La Liga side UD Almería. He made his debut in the competition on 19 August, coming on as a late substitute in a 2–3 home loss against Villarreal CF.
In late March, starting on the 24th and after 20 scoreless league appearances, Díaz found the net in consecutive games: he started by contributing with one goal to a 4–3 win over Real Sociedad, then scored his team's first in a 2–2 draw with Valencia CF also at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos. He scored two further goals in the campaign, to help the rojiblancos narrowly avoid relegation.
- El Castilla no pasa del empate ante un correoso Lleida (Castilla gets no more than a draw against fighting Lleida); Marca, 20 December 2005 (Spanish)
- El Elche remonta al Castilla en el último suspiro (Elche comes from behind against Castilla in the last breath); Marca, 15 April 2006 (Spanish)
- El Elche confirma el fichaje de Óscar Díaz, delantero del Real Madrid B (Elche confirms signing of Óscar Díaz, Real Madrid B forward); Marca, 10 July 2007 (Spanish)
- El Mallorca incorpora a Óscar Díaz (Mallorca adds Óscar Díaz); Marca, 2 July 2008 (Spanish)
- Oscar Díaz: "Tengo 24 años y necesito jugar" (Oscar Díaz: "I am 24 years old and i need to play"); Marca, 23 August 2008 (Spanish)
- El Recre cierra con el Mallorca la cesión de Óscar Díaz (Recre agrees loan of Óscar Díaz with Mallorca); Marca, 26 January 2010 (Spanish)
- Viqueira se lleva a Óscar Díaz al Xerez (Viqueira takes Óscar Díaz to Xerez); El Desmarque, 26 July 2010 (Spanish)
- El Xerez acuerda con el Girona el traspaso de Óscar Díaz (Xerez agrees transfer of Óscar Díaz with Girona); Marca, 30 December 2011 (Spanish)
- Óscar Díaz se desvincula de Girona (Óscar Díaz cuts ties with Girona); Marca, 26 July 2012 (Spanish)
- Óscar Díaz llega al Lugo (Óscar Díaz arrives in Lugo); Marca, 27 June 2012 (Spanish)
- El Almería ficha a Óscar Díaz (Almería signs Óscar Díaz); Marca, 28 June 2013 (Spanish)
- Valiant Villarreal open with win; ESPN FC, 19 August 2013
- Almeria beat Sociedad in thriller; ESPN FC, 24 March 2014
- Otro acto de fe en Almería (Another act of faith in Almería); Marca, 27 March 2014 (Spanish)
- El Pucela refuerza su delantera con Óscar Díaz (Pucela bolsters forward lines with Óscar Díaz); Real Valladolid, 23 July 2014 (Spanish)
- Oscar Díaz, nuevo jugador rojillo (Oscar Díaz, new rojillo player); CD Numancia, 15 July 2015 (Spanish)