Óscar Figueroa (weightlifter)
Oscar Figueroa at the 2012 Olympics
|Full name||Oscar Albeyro Figueroa Mosquera|
April 27, 1983 |
|Alma mater||University Santiago de Cali|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Coached by||Jaiber Manjarres, Oswaldo Pinilla|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||317 kg|
Figueroa participated in the men's -62 kg class at the 2006 World Weightlifting Championships and won the silver medal, finishing behind Qiu Le. He snatched 137 kg and jerked an additional 160 kg for a total of 297 kg, 11 kg behind winner Qiu.
In the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics, Figueroa failed to make a lift in the snatch category, after an injury to his right hand prevented him from getting a firm grip. He left the Beijing games with DNF on board and his tribulations were broadcast around the world. According to Australia's Seven Network Olympics coverage on 15 August, Figueroa had earlier had an injection to his right hand which resulted in a loss of feeling.
- "OSCAR ALBEYRO FIGUEROA MOSQUERA" (PDF) (in Spanish). Comité Olímpico Colombiano.
- "FIGUEROA Oa". International Weightlifting Federation.
- 75th MEN'S and 18th WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS -62 KG MEN, iwf.net
- "FIGUEROA Oscar". International Weightlifting Federation.
- "China extended its perfect record". The Associated Press. 2008-08-11. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "62kg men results - Weightlifting - London 2012 Olympics". www.olympic.org. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- "Weightlifting at the 2012 London Summer Games: Men's Featherweight". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Athlete Biography FIGUEROA Oscar at beijing2008
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Colombia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|