|• Mayor||Bekir Keskin (CHP)|
|• Kaymakam||Abdurrahman Koçoğlu|
|• District||1,015.70 km2 (392.16 sq mi)|
|Elevation||136 m (446 ft)|
|• District density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
About 4 km north of Ödemiş town are the ruins of Hypaepa. The historical importance of the region is also reflected by the small town of Birgi, east of Ödemiş, which was the capital of the Anatolian Turkish Beylik of Aydın and it has outstanding examples of Seljuq and Ottoman architecture. Birgi has been on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list since 1994, and points of interest here include Çakırağa Mansion, İmam-i Birgivi Medrese and Sultanşah Mausoleum. Ödemiş is famous for its potatoes, which has the best quality in Turkey, as well as its "Ödemiş Kebab". The city is the biggest potato grower of Turkey with its annual 350.000 tons of potato production.
- Ödemiş railway station
- Basmane-Ödemiş Regional – the railway service from Basmane Terminal in İzmir.
- Hasan Bülent Paksoy Historian and novelist
- Muzafer Sherif (1906-1988), a Turkish-American social psychologist
- Cakircali Mehmet Efe (1872 kayaköy-Ödemiş – ö. 17 Kasım 1911 ) the legendary hero
- Gökçen Efe (1881-1919), folk hero of the Turkish War of Independence
- Şükrü Saracoğlu, Prime Minister of Turkey
- İlhan Sipahioğlu, Parlimenter of Turkey
- Mustafa Uyar, Parlimenter of Turkey
- Çoşkun Karagözoğlu, Parlimenter of Turkey
- Alev Çoşkun, Parlimenter of Turkey
- Kaya Bengisu,
- Neccar Türkcan, Parlimenter of Turkey
- Mustafa Bengisu, Parlimenter of Turkey, https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Bengisu
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
|This geographical article about a location in İzmir Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|