|• Elected Mayor||Yakup Almaç (HDP)|
|• Kaymakam||Abdulkadir Çelik|
|• District||1,558.33 km2 (601.67 sq mi)|
|• District density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
Özalp (Kurdish: Qerqelî) is a district of Van Province of Turkey. In the local elections of March 2019 Yakup Almaç from the Peoples ' Democratic Party was elected mayor(HDP). Abdulkadir Çelik was appointed Kaymakam by president Recep Tayyip Erdoĝan in August 2019. However Almaç was dismissed in November 2019 and Çelik appointed as well as the trustee of the municipality of Özalp. Following his appointment as a trustee, he dismissed also 28 municipality workers.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Adem Avcıkıran (2009). Kürtçe Anamnez Anamneza bi Kurmancî (PDF) (in Turkish and Kurdish). p. 57. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Van Özalp Seçim Sonuçları - 31 Mart 2019 Yerel Seçimleri". www.sabah.com.tr. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "Kaymakamımız". www.ozalp.gov.tr. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "Co-mayors of Muradiye, Özalp and Başkale arrested". ANF News. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "Trustee dismisses 28 workers in Özalp, Van". ANF News. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
|This article about an Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|