Østerbro is one of the 10 official districts of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is located just north of the city centre, outside the old city gate Østerport which, after it was moved around 1700, used to be located close to present-day Østerport Station. From the beginning, Østerbro has been a wealthy district, and it remains one of the most affluent areas in Copenhagen.
- Danish Meteorological Institute
- Den Frie Udstilling
- Garrison's Cemetery
- Parken, the National Stadium
- Trianglen (“The Triangle”)
- Østerport Station
- Nordre Frihavnsgade
- The Little Mermaid
In popular culture
- In the popular children's novel, Number the Stars, Østerbrogade is a road on which the Annemarie and her friends run down but are then stopped by a Nazi soldier.
- "Københavns bydele". Københavns Kommune. Archived from the original on 2009-05-10. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- "Folketal og boliger i bydele og roder samt folketal i skoledistrikter 1. januar 2009". Københavns Kommune. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
Media related to Østerbro at Wikimedia Commons
- Østerbro travel guide from Wikivoyage