Ügyek depicted in the Illuminated Chronicle
|House||House of Árpád|
Ügyek (second half of the 8th century – first half of the 9th century), also known as Ugek, was the legendary father of Álmos, the first High Prince of the Magyars. His wife was Emese, who had seen a divine dream of a Turul bird that flew over her and impregnated her before Álmos's birth, according to the myth.
It is said, speculated or at least possible that the earlier High Princes of the Magyars were also descendants of the Hun Khans, as well as other Turkic peoples, and through them from some daughters of Emperors of China.
Marriage and child
- Emese (second half of the 8th century – first half of the 9th century)
- Álmos, High Prince of the Magyars (c. 820 – c. 895)
- Kristó, Gyula - Makk, Ferenc: Az Árpád-ház uralkodói (IPC Könyvek, 1996)
- Korai Magyar Történeti Lexikon (9-14. század), főszerkesztő: Kristó, Gyula, szerkesztők: Engel, Pál és Makk, Ferenc (Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1994)
- Marek, Miroslav. "arpad/arpad1.html". Genealogy.EU. External link in
|publisher=(help)[self-published source][better source needed]