Ügyek depicted in the Illuminated Chronicle
|House||House of Árpád|
Ügyek (second half of the 8th century – first half of the 9th century), also known as Ugek, was – according to the chronicler Anonymus (or "Master P.") – the father of Álmos, the first High Prince of the Magyars. However, according to a conflicting source, Simon of Kéza (writing about five to eight decades later), Előd was the father of Álmos.
It is said, speculated or at least possible that the earlier High Princes of the Magyars were also descendants of the Hun Khans, as well as other Turkic peoples, and through them from some daughters of Emperors of China.
Marriage and child
- Emese (second half of the 8th century – first half of the 9th century)
- Álmos, High Prince of the Magyars (c. 820 – c. 895)
- Kristó, Gyula - Makk, Ferenc: Az Árpád-ház uralkodói (IPC Könyvek, 1996)
- Korai Magyar Történeti Lexikon (9-14. század), főszerkesztő: Kristó, Gyula, szerkesztők: Engel, Pál és Makk, Ferenc (Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1994)
- Marek, Miroslav. "arpad/arpad1.html". Genealogy.EU. External link in
|publisher=(help)[self-published source][better source needed]