Stadion Čair's two-tier eastern stand
|Full name||Čair Stadium|
|Owner||City of Niš|
|Field size||105 x 70 m|
|Construction cost||Over €11 million
Čair Stadium (Serbian Cyrillic: Стадион Чаир, Stadion Čair) is a multi-purpose stadium in Niš, Serbia. It is used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of Radnički Niš. After a complete reconstruction that began in 2011, the newly renovated stadium re-opened to the public on 15 September 2012. The stadium is part of the Čair Sports Complex, which also includes an indoor swimming pool and an indoor arena.
The stadium was built in 1963 and had an original capacity of 40,001 spectators.
A complete reconstruction began during the second half of 2011 in an ambitious project by the Football Association of Serbia and the city of Niš to replace decaying infrastructure at important sports venues. The refurbished stadium had a seating capacity of 18,151 spectators. The cost of the project was 1.1 billion dinars (approximately €10 million). Upon completion, the new stadium met UEFA standards to host international matches. In June 2012, the Football Association of Serbia announced that Čair would host the Serbian national team in their 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Scotland on 26 March 2013. However, the match was played at the Karađorđe Stadium after it was announced that Čair Stadium would not meet all UEFA standards until May 2013. The stadium hosted its first football game after the renovation works on 15 September 2012, in which Radnički Niš beat FK Smederevo 1–0 in front of 7,000 spectators.
On 18 December 2012, it was announced that the city of Niš would devote an additional 250 million dinars to a newly-constructed 9,500-seater west stand to be built in 2013, which would bring the stadium capacity to a minimum of 25,003. However, work has not yet started.
- Stadion Čair FK Radnicki Nis
- Gradski Stadion Čair Soccerway
- "Radovi na stadionu idu po planu". Juzne Vesti. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- Radovi na stadionu idu po planu Juzne Vesti, 17 January 2012
- ""Orlovi" širom Srbije, finale kupa u Beogradu" (in Serbian). Mondo. 10 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Orlovi sa Škotima u Novom Sadu Srpski fudbal, 3 January 2012
- Premijera na Čairu začinjena evrogolom! Sportske, 15 September 2012
- Rekonstruiše se i zapad Čaira Srpski Fudbal, 18 December 2012