|Region||Ústí nad Labem|
|• Mayor||Jan Papajanovský|
|• Total||38.76 km2 (14.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||301 m (988 ft)|
|• Density||140/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Following villages are administrative parts of Česká Kamenice: Pekelský Důl, Dolní Kamenice, Filipov, Huníkov, Horní Kamenice, Kamenická Nová Víska, Kerhartice and Líska.
Česká Kamenice became the Historical Town of the Year 2005.
The Town's Connection With Antonín Dvořák
Antonín Dvořák took further organ and music-theory lessons at Česká Kamenice with Franz Hanke.
In spring 1944, the Rabstein sub-camp of Flossenbürg was created here, with a capacity of 600 prisoners. At the end of the war, 1,500 inmates were incarcerated in the camp. The camp provided workers for the nearby underground aircraft factory in the town of Janská, 3 km west of Česká Kamenice. The number of inmate deaths is not known due to the destruction of all camp documentation. The foundations of camp buildings remain visible, along with a memorial and historical overview.
- Hannes Hegen (1925), illustrator, caricaturist and creator of the comic Mosaik
- Johann Baptist Emanuel Pohl (1782-1834), botanist, entomologist, geologist, and physician
- "Population of municipalities of the Czech republic". Czech Statistical Office. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Česká Kamenice.|
- Municipal website (in Czech)
- Microregion Českokamenicko (in Czech)
- Historical Picture Postcards of Česká Kamenice
- virtual show
|This Ústí nad Labem Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|