||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||BİST: ISMEN|
|Industry||Investment banking Financial services|
|Founded||18 December 1996 by İşBank|
|Headquarters||Isbank Tower 2, Levent, Beşiktaş, Istanbul|
|Rıza Kutlusoy (CEO)
İlhami Koç (Chairman of the Board)
|Products||Corporate Finance, Investment Advisory, Asset Management, Brokerage, Research|
Number of employees
- 1 History & General Information
- 2 Operational Segments
- 3 Notable IS Investment Products
- 4 Shareholder Structure
- 5 Contributions to Investment Banking in Turkey
- 6 Awards and Recognitions
- 7 See also
- 8 Bibliography
History & General Information
İş Yatırım was established in 1996 as the investment banking arm of İşbank Group in Istanbul. Beyond traditional brokerage services, Is Investment provides a wide array of financial services to domestic and international investors. These services are mainly focused on the fields of corporate finance, investment advisory, asset management, brokerage and research.
Is Investment went public itself in May 2007. Its ticker symbol at the Borsa İstanbul (ISE) is "ISMEN". Is Investment represents a large and commanding presence in the Turkish investment market, reflected in its transaction volumes, ranking first not only in the Borsa İstanbul Stock Market since 2003, but also in the Turkish Derivatives Exchange (TurkDEX), since the foundation of the market in 2005.
Financial stakes held in
- Camis Online (99.79%) 
- IS Asset Management (70%) 
- Efes NPL Asset Management (74%)[ efesvarlik.com.tr ]
- IS Investment Trust (37.4%) [ isyatort.com.tr ]
- IS Private Equity (33%) 
- Turkish Derivatives Exchange (6%) 
IS Investment services the largest individual and institutional customer base in Turkey through 10 branches located in Ankara, Bursa, Izmir, Adana, Istanbul (6 branches) representative offices located in Almaty-Kazakhstan and Istanbul-Suadiye. IS Investment’s strong and widespread distribution network is enhanced via over 1200 Isbank branches – acting Is Investment agents located in various industrial, business, and residential districts across Turkey.
Awards and Recognitions
IS Investment has won several awards, including Euromoney Awards for Excellence for "Best Equity House" in 2007 and 2008, "Best M&A House" in 2009, and "Best Investment Bank" in 2010 and 2011. IS Investment was given "Financial Advisor of the Year in Turkey" award by FT/mergermarket in 2010, and "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" award by EMEA Finance in 2010 and 2011. IS Investment has also been recognized as "The Company with the Highest Rating Score in Board" by The Corporate Governance Association of Turkey (TKYD).
Comprehensive corporate finance services are offered to local and foreign companies. In addition to consultancy, services are offered for public offerings, M&A, financial partnerships, and project financing.
In accordance with its "Investor Centered-Market Focused Approach" (ICMF approach), investors are able to choose from a wide variety of investment products available in both domestic and international markets.
Through the Portfolio Management desk, IS Investment creates a special portfolio group accordance with the needs and expectations of its investors. The investors can also choose from one of the groups already established by the portfolio managers. These portfolio groups are differentiated via benchmarks designated by different strategies, through which A type (equity), B type (fixed income), or mutual fund options are available.
Brokerage & Trading
IS Investment’s trading and brokerage services are mainly concentrated to cover Turkish capital markets. However, IS Investment is also highly active in other emerging equity and fixed income markets, as well as all major international markets.
Research and technology have been two key areas where Is Investment invested heavily since its establishment. Is Investment has one of the largest and most experienced research teams in Turkey. The company provides value added research on macro economy, equity and fixed income strategies, and company analysis for its institutional and high-net-worth individual investor base. Currently 85 stocks are under coverage, accounting for 78% of ISE’s total Mcap. Targets to cover all ISE-100 companies by the end of 2012. The most extensive coverage in the Turkish market.
Notable IS Investment Products
TradeMaster is an online trading platform of Is Investment that enables investors to reach their accounts and to execute stock, futures and warrant transactions with real time data through internet connection.
TradeMaster FX is the platform through which leveraged foreign exchange (FOREX) transactions can be executed including TL, $, €, £, ¥ currency pairs, gold and silver in spot markets.
TradeMaster International, the online trading platform that focuses on international capital markets, enables investors to online follow global markets with instant information and to execute stock, futures and options transactions at major global exchanges, including New York, Chicago, London, Frankfurt and Tokyo.
IS Investment has been the first local investment house to issue warrants, IS Warrants were listed in ISE in November 2010. IS Investment issued warrants written on equity, Index (ISE-30), foreign exchange and gold.
Funds Founded and Managed by IS Investment
- IS Investment A Type Variable Fund
- IS Investment A Type Sütaş Variable Private Fund
- IS Investment Arbitrage Hedge Fund
- IS Investment B Type Bayraktarlar Holding Variable Private Fund
- IS Investment B Type Variable Fund
- IS Investment B Type Short Maturity Bond & Bill Fund
- IS Investment B Type Sütaş Variable Private Fund
- IS Investment Dow Jones Turkey Equally Weighted 15 A Type Exchange Traded Fund
- IS Investment iBoxx Turkey Benchmark Bond Exchange Traded Fund
- IS Investment MYT Private Hedge Fund
- IS Investment Value Oriented Private Hedge Fund
- 65.65% Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş.
- 2,43% İş Factoring
- 2,43% İş Leasing
- 0,17% Camiş Yatırım Holding
- 29.32% Free Floating
Contributions to Investment Banking in Turkey
for its role as a pioneer in addition to its innovative reputation within the sector in regards to new products and market tools the company has introduced to the industry.
- 2010 - First local investment house to issue warrants, First global company public offering in ISE; DO&CO
- 2008 - First hedge fund in Turkey
- 2000 - First public offering via ATMs
- 1999 - First online public offering
- 1993 - First ‘A- type’ mutual fund
- 1990 - First online security trading
- 1988 - First privatization via public offering; Teletaş
- 1987 - First Mutual Fund
- 1974 - First Securities Department
Awards and Recognitions
- 2013 – "ETIKA 2013 award" by Ethical Values Association (EDMER)
- 2013 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" and "Best Broker in Turkey" by EMEA Finance Europe Banking Awards 2013
- 2013 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2013 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2012 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" and "Best Broker in Turkey" by EMEA Finance Europe Banking Awards 2012
- 2012 – "ETIKA 2012 award" by Ethical Values Association (EDMER)
- 2012 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2012 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2011 – "The company with the highest note" in Best Management Board category by Corporate Governance Awards
- 2011 – "Silver Award" in Spotlight Awards, Global Communications Competition- Financial&Insurance Services" categories by League of American Communications Professionals
- 2011 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2011 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" by Europe Banking Awards
- 2011 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2010 – "Advisor of the Year Financial Mergers & Acquisitions in Turkey" by European M&A Awards
- 2010 – "Stocks with the highest capacity in enterprise" by BIST 25th Year Awards
- 2010 – "Best Investment Bank in Turkey" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2010 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2009 – "Best Merger Acquisition Advisor" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2009 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2008 – "Best Global Broker" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2008 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2007 – "Best Global Broker" by Euromoney Excellence Awards
- 2005 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2004 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- 2003 – "Turkey's Most Admired Broker" by Capital Magazine
- TradeMaster International
- IS Warrant (http://www.isvarant.com/)
- Türkiye İş Bankası (http://www.isbank.com.tr/English/)