|Turkish Presidential Press Secretary|
Assumed office |
December 11, 2014
|President||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Alma mater||Istanbul University|
İbrahim Kalın (born 1971) is special adviser to Turkish President and the presidential spokesperson of Turkish President. He is also a senior fellow at the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at the Georgetown University.
Kalin received his B. A. from the University of Istanbul and Ph. D. from George Washington University. From 2002 to 2005 he was a faculty member at the Department of Religious Studies at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. From 2005 to 2009 he was the director of the SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research based in Ankara, Turkey.
On December 11, 2014, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that İbrahim Kalın would be the first official Turkish Presidential Press Secretary.
- As author
- Knowledge as Light. Critical Remarks on M. Hairi Yazdi's Principles of Epistemology in Islamic Philosophy: Knowledge by Presence. In: American Journal of Islamic and Social Sciences. Vol. 16 (1999), pp. 85–97 (online).
- Islam and the West, 2007 (2007 Writers Association of Turkey award for best book)
- Knowledge in later Islamic philosophy. Mullā Ṣadrā on existence, intellect, and intuition. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2010.
- Islam in Turkey. Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2010.
- As editor
- with John L. Esposito: The 500 Most Influential Muslims annual, Amman, Jordan: Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, 1st edition, 2009.
- with John L. Esposito: Islamophobia. The Challenge of Pluralism in the 21st Century. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2011.
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Science, and Technology in Islam, Oxford University Press, 2014.
- As contributor
- MacMillan Encyclopedia of Philosophy 2nd Edition
- MacMillan Encyclopedia of Religion 2nd Edition
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
- "İbrahim Kalın kimdir?" [Who is İbrahim Kalın?] (in Turkish). Habertürk. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Bio on the Georgetown University website
- Bio at Oxford Islamic Studies
- "Book lists '500 Most Influential Muslims': Top 20 inclusions seem to be less convincing and dictated". Islamic Voice. December 2009. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
| Turkish Presidential Press Secretary