Number of locations
|Products||Financial services, investment banking, engineering and consulting|
|291.588 million (2012)|
|Total equity||18.000 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Ilbank A.Ş., short for İller Bankası Anonim Şirketi, is a state-owned development and investment bank based in Ankara, Turkey. It is subordinated to the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning. Main areas of expertise of Ilbank are banking and insurance, mapping, drinking water supplies and treatment, sewage collection and disposal, wastewater treatment, solid waste management, urban superstructures.
İlbank was founded on 11 June 1933 under the name "Belediyeler Bankası"(in Eng:"Bank of Municipalities") according to law numbered 2301. Afterwards, the name of the bank was changed to "İller Bankası" on July 27, 1944 amid debates during Budget Committee due to fact that Special Provincial Administrations and villages were out of the scope of loans and assistances, along with increasing urbanization in conjunction with rapid population growth that created more demand on funds. İller Bankası, including Special Provincial Administrations and villages was formally established on June 13, 1945 with law number 4759. İlbank's organizational status was then transformed to an incorporated company with the Law #6107 enacted on January 26, 2011.
The shareholders of the company are municipalities and provincial special agencies (İÖİ). The bank's board of directors consists of two bank deputy directors, four members appointed by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning, two by the Ministry of the Interior representing the municipalities and İÖİ, and two mayors or members of İÖİ, who were attendants of the bank's general assembly. In February 2014,the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK) approved the appointment of Mehmet Turgut Dedeoğlu as the director general of the bank.
İlbank has a multi-branch sports club with the same title consisting of Taekwondo, volleyball. Its women's volleyball team İller Bankası Women's Volleyball play in the Turkish Women's Volleyball League.
- "2012 Annual Report of Ilbank".
- "İller Bankası'nın sermayesi 2 katına çıkartıldı". Milliyet (in Turkish). 2014-03-15. Retrieved 2014-03-22.
- "İller Bankası'nın adı artık 'İlbank' oluyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2006-04-24. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "İlbank Çankaya'da 3 parsel ihalesi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Gül onayladı". Sabah (in Turkish). 2011-02-07. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "About Us-Activity Fields". İlbank. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "İller Bankası yurtdışına açılıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "About Us-History". İlbank. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "6107 Sayılı İller Bankası Anonim Şirketi Hakkında Kanun" (in Turkish). İlbank. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "İlbank'ta Mehmet Turgut Dedeoğlu dönemi". Dünya (in Turkish). 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Tekvandoda Ankara rüzgarı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Voleybolda haftanın programı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2014-03-21.