Ōe Kenzaburō Prize
The Kenzaburō Ōe Prize (大江健三郎賞) was a Japanese literary award sponsored by Kodansha (講談社) and established in 2006 to commemorate both the 100th anniversary of Kodansha's establishment and 50th anniversary of the writing life of Kenzaburō Ōe (大江健三郎). The award was for Japanese literary novels published in the previous year, with the winning work selected solely by Ōe. The winner received no cash award, but several winning works were translated into other languages, such as English, French and German, for publication. Kenzaburō Ōe had an open conversation with each winner. The final prize was awarded in 2014, and the collected selection commentary and dialogues were reprinted in a single volume published by Kodansha in 2018.
List of winners
|Year||Author||Japanese title||English title||Ref|
Yūko-chan no Chikamichi
Watashitachi ni Yurusareta Tokubetsu na Jikan no Owari
|The End of the Special Time Allowed to Us|||
Hikari no Mandara, Nihon Bungaku Ron
|Mandala of Light: on Japanese Literature|
|The Thief (tr. Satako Izumo and Stephen Coates)|||
|ME (tr. Charles De Wolf)|||
Kawaisou da ne?
|Isn't It a Pity?|||
Arashi no pikunikku
|Picnic in the Storm|||
|Goodbye, My Orange|||
- "大江健三郎賞" [Ōe Kenzaburō Prize] (in Japanese). Kodansha. Archived from the original on May 15, 2007. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "『大江健三郎賞８年の軌跡 「文学の言葉」を恢復させる』刊行". Yomiuri Shimbun (in Japanese). June 19, 2018. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "「律儀にオチをつけた」第１回大江賞の長嶋有さん". Asahi Shimbun (in Japanese). May 27, 2007.
- 小山内, 伸 (April 8, 2008). "語りの視点「演劇を応用」大江賞受賞の岡田利規さん". Asahi Shimbun (in Japanese). Retrieved September 17, 2018.
- "『第4回大江健三郎賞』は中村文則の小説『掏摸』に決定" [4th Kenzaburō Ōe Prize winner decided as Fuminori Nakamura's novel Suri]. Cinra.net (in Japanese). April 7, 2010. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "『第5回大江健三郎賞』は星野智幸『俺俺』" [5th Kenzaburō Ōe prize winner is Tomoyuki Hoshino for Ore Ore]. Cinra.net (in Japanese). April 7, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- 小山内, 伸 (April 17, 2012). "綿矢りさの大江健三郎賞受賞にブラボー！" [Bravo to Kenzaburō Ōe Prize winner Risa Wataya!]. WebRonza (in Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- 伊藤, 淳子 (August 24, 2013). "話題の本の著者に直撃!本谷有希子". Shūkan Gendai (in Japanese). Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "大江健三郎賞、岩城さんが最後の受賞". The Nikkei (in Japanese). April 7, 2014. Retrieved September 16, 2018.