Ōedo Sōsamō (大江戸捜査網?) and Shin Ōedo Sōsamō (新・大江戸捜査網?) are long-running (1970 to 1992) prime time television jidaigeki programs that originally aired from 1970 to 1992. The series was broadcast on TV Tokyo (Tokyo 12 Channel). The title literally translates as "Oedo Dragnet" ("New Oedo Dragnet" for the second series). Early on, it carried the subtitle "Ōedo Untouchables."
- Jūmonji Koyata, masquerading as a vagrant from Sagami, Sanjirō. The male lead, Koyata was played by Ryōtarō Sugi, Kōtarō Satomi, Hiroki Matsukata, Shirō Namiki, and Jun Hashizume.
- Isaka Jūzō, masquerading as a ronin of the same name. Tetsurō Sagawa created the role.
- Female leads: Konami (Meiko Kaji), Yūgiri (Miyako Koshiro), Kurenai Ochō (Michiyo Yasuda), Inazuma Oryū (Sanae Tsuchida), Kazaguruma no Okiku (Yoko Natsuki), and others.
A 1979 film Onmitsu Dōshin Ōedo Sōsamō starred Hiroki Matsukata, included Toshiro Mifune in the role of Matsudaira Sadanobu.
This article is based on 大江戸捜査網 (Ōedo Sōsamō) in the Japanese Wikipedia, retrieved on January 22, 2008.
- (Japanese) Official website
- Ōedo Sōsamō at the Internet Movie Database
- (Japanese) Ōedo Sōsamō Museum
|This article related to Japanese television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This television program–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|