|Length:||137.8 km (85.6 mi)|
|Existed:||1987 – present|
|From:||Tosu Junction in Tosu
|To:||Oita Mera Interchange in Oita
Higashi Kyushu Expressway
Mera Toll Road
|Major cities:||Asakura, Hita, Yufu, Beppu|
|National highways of Japan
Expressways of Japan
Oita Expressway (大分自動車道? Oita Jidōsha-dō) is one of the Expressways of Japan from Tosu to Oita linking with the Higashi Kyushu Expressway. It runs through the southern half of Fukuoka prefecture, and the northern half of the Oita prefecture. The total length is 137.8 km.
- February 5, 1987, the Tosu Junction to Asakura Interchange was opened.
- July 20, 1989, a section from Yufuin to Beppu Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- March 10, 1990, a section from Asakura to Hita Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- December 3, 1992, a section from Beppu to Oita Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- December 15, 1994, a section from Hiji Junction to Hayami Interchange was opened to traffic.
- March 10, 1995, a section from Hita to Kusu Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- March 28, 1996, a section from Kusu to Yufuin Interchanges was opened to traffic.
- November 26, 1996, a section from Oita to Oita Mera Interchanges was opened to traffic which made the Oita Expressway from Tosu to Oita fully accessible with no gaps.
- November 11, 1998, a section from Haki to Hita Interchanges which made Oita Expressway with four lanes.
- November 27, 1999, the Oita Mera Interchange to the east was opened to traffic.
- March 21, 2000, a section from Hita to Kusu Interchanges which made with four lanes.
- March 30, 2002, a section from Hayami Interchange to the east was opened with other freeway.
- May 25, 2002, a section from Yufuin Interchange to Hiji Junction which made with four lanes.
- August 30, 2004, a section from Mizuwake Parking Area to Yufuin Interchange which made with four lanes.
- March 19, 2005, a section from Kusu Interchange to Mizuwake Parking Area which made Oita Expressway from Tosu to Oita with four lanes now being connected with no gaps.
- August 11, 2008, the Oita Mitsuyoshi Interchange was fully accessible.
- 9 Tosu Junction with the Kyushu Expressway and with the Nagasaki Expressway
- Inoue Parking Area (Only accessible for Tosu)
- 1 Chikugo Ogori Interchange
- Tachiarai Parking Area (Only accessible for Oita)
- 2 Amagi Interchange
- 3 Asakura Interchange
- Yamada Service Area
- 4 Haki Interchange with Route 386
- Hagio Parking Area
- 5 Hita Interchange with Route 212
- 6 Amagase Takatsuka Interchange
- 7 Kusu Interchange with Route 387
- Kusu Service Area
- 8 Kokonoe Interchange
- Mizuwake Parking Area
- 9 Yufuin Interchange with Route 210
- Yufu Parking Area
- 10 Hiji Junction with Hayami Route
- 11 Beppu Interchange
- 12 Oita Interchange
- 13 Oita Mitsuyoshi Interchange with Route 210
- 14 Oita Mera Interchange with the Higashikyushu Expressway, Mera Toll Road, a superhighway and Route 10
- 10 Hiji Junction with Main Route
- 1 Hayami Interchange with Beppu Usa Toll Road, a superhighway
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Kyushu Regional Development Bureau. "Road Timetable". Retrieved 2008-08-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oita_Expressway.|