North entrance, February 2007
1-29-7 Higashi-oizumi, Nerima, Tokyo|
|Operated by||Seibu Railway|
|Line(s)||Seibu Ikebukuro Line|
|Previous names||Higashi-Ōizumi (until 1933)|
|Passengers (FY2013)||84,006 daily|
Ōizumi-gakuen Station is served by the Seibu Ikebukuro Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo, with some services inter-running via the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line to Shin-Kiba and the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line to Shibuya and onward via the Tokyu Toyoko Line and Minato Mirai Line to Motomachi-Chukagai. Located between Shakujii-kōen and Hōya, it is 12.5 km from the Ikebukuro terminus.
The station is located close to the home of Leiji Matsumoto, the creator of the anime Galaxy Express 999, and includes a statue of the Conductor from the series. From 2009, the station departure melody was changed to the Galaxy Express 999 theme tune.
|1||■ Seibu Ikebukuro Line||for Nerima and Ikebukuro|
Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Yokohama
Minatomirai Line for Motomachi-Chukagai
|2||■ Seibu Ikebukuro Line||for Tokorozawa and Hannō|
|Seibu Ikebukuro Line|
|Limited express: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid express: Does not stop at this station|
|Express: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station|
|Nerima||Commuter semi express||Hōya|
The station first opened on November 1, 1924, as Higashi-Ōizumi Station (東大泉駅), and was renamed Ōizumi-gakuen Station on March 1, 1933.
Station numbering was introduced on all Seibu Railway lines during fiscal 2012, with Ōizumi-gakuen Station becoming "SI11".
In fiscal 2013, the station was the 8th busiest on the Seibu network with an average of 84,006 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Ōizumi Gakuen Yumeria Hall, Shop, and Tower
- Toei Tokyo Film & Animation Studios
- High School Ōizumi (associated with Tokyo Gakugei University)
- Ōizumi Metropolitan High School
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 201. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (March 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１２巻 東京都心北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 12 Northern Central Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 33/63. ISBN 978-4-06-270072-6.
- 西武線全駅で駅ナンバリングを導入します [Station numbering to be introduced at all Seibu stations] (pdf). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- 東急東横線・メトロ副都心線相互直通、16日スタート [Tokyu Toyoko Line and Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line inter-running to start on 16 March]. Nikkei.com (in Japanese). Japan: Nikkei Inc. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- 駅別乗降人員 2013（平成25）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2013)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2010（平成22）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- 駅別乗降人員 2011（平成23）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2011)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ōizumi-gakuen Station.|
- Ōizumi-gakuen Station information (Seibu Railway) (in Japanese)