From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Ōmachi in Saga Prefecture
|• Mayor||Hiroshisei Takemura|
|• Total||11.46 km2 (4.42 sq mi)|
|Population (February 1, 2009)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Sweet Osmanthus|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||5017 Ōmachi, Ōmachi-chō, Kishima-gun, Saga-ken
- Mountains: The northern part of town gradually becomes mountainous.
- Rivers: Rokkaku River
- Lakes: The northern, mountainous part of town is dotted with ponds.
Adjoining Cities and Municipalities
- April 1, 1889 - The village of Fukumo merges with the village of Ōmachi.
- January 1, 1936 - The village of Ōmachi gains town status.
- Agricultural Products: Rice, barley, cucumbers, strawberries, and chickens.
- There was a coal mine which operated until 1960.
- Saga Prefectural Business High School
- Ōmachi Junior High School
- Ōmachi Elementary School
- The nearest airport is Saga Airport