Świnoujście LNG terminal
Świnoujście LNG terminal (also referred as Terminal LNG in Świnoujście, Polskie LNG or Baltic LNG) is a liquefied natural gas import terminal at Świnoujście, Poland. It is operated by Polskie LNG S.A., a subsidiary of Gaz-System.
Discussions about the project started in 2006. The project was originally developed by PGNiG through its subsidiary Polskie LNG S.A. In January 2008, SNC-Lavalin was chosen for the front-end engineering design. The engineering, procurement and construction contract was signed with a consortium of Saipem, Techint, Snamprogetti, and PBG. Construction started in March 2011. After creation of Gaz-System and its separation from PGNiG, the newly created company took over the ownership of Polskie LNG S.A. The terminal was inaugurated by prime minister Ewa Kopacz on 12 October 2015.
The terminal has unloading jetty for large LNG tankers, two storage tanks and regasification train. The terminal's initial regasification capacity is 5 billion cubic metres per annum (180 billion cubic feet per annum), and with the construction of the third tank its capacity is due to expand to reach 7.5 billion cubic metres per annum (260 billion cubic feet per annum) satisfying approximately 50% of Poland's annual gas demand. The total cost of the terminal is €950 million (PLN 3.5billion). The first LNG delivery to the terminal is expected on 11 December 2015.
- "Swinoujscie LNG Gas Terminal, Poland". hydrocarbons-technology.com. Net Resources International. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "LNG Świnoujście general contractor selected". Warsaw Business Journal. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Construction on Świnoujście LNG terminal to start in March". Warsaw Business Journal. 2011-01-25. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Świnoujście gas terminal officially opened". Radio Poland. 2015-10-12. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "Świnoujście terminal to accept delivery from Qatar". Warsaw Business Journal. 2015-11-20. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- Onoszko, Maciej (2012-04-04). "Poland, Slovakia take step towards gas link". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
Media related to LNG terminal in Świnoujście at Wikimedia Commons