|This article does not cite any references (sources). (June 2014)|
|Died||1543 (aged c. 22)
Istanbul, Ottoman Empire
|Spouse||Esmehan Baharnaz Sultan|
|House||House of Osman|
|Father||Suleiman the Magnificent|
Historians say that Şehzade Mehmed was very much like his older half-brother, Şehzade Mustafa. He looked up to him as his role model, and had a good relationship with him since their childhood. Şehzade Mehmed participated in his father's successful Esztergom campaign (Siege of Esztergom).
There are different opinions about Mehmed's death. According to some historians, he died from smallpox. According to another opinion, he died a natural death.
Mehmed's only child was Hüma Sultan, born to his wife, Esmehan Baharnaz Sultan.
- Ottoman Empire
- Ottoman dynasty
- Ottoman family tree
- Line of succession to the Ottoman throne
- List of the mothers of the Ottoman Sultans
- List of consorts of the Ottoman Sultans
- Ottoman Emperors family tree (simplified)
- Peirce, Leslie P., The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire, Oxford University Press, 1993, ISBN 0-19-508677-5 (paperback).
- Yavuz Bahadıroğlu, Resimli Osmanlı Tarihi, Nesil Yayınları (Ottoman History with Illustrations, Nesil Publications), 15th Ed., 2009, ISBN 978-975-269-299-2 (Hardcover).