6 September 1951
Šaban Šaulić (Serbian Cyrillic: Шабан Шаулић; born 6 September 1951) is a Serbian folk singer. His career spanning over 5 decades and his refined baritone vocals have proclaimed him as one of the most prominent Serbian vocalists of the pop-folk genre.
Šaulić was born in Šabac, Serbia. His mother Ilduza Demirović was from Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina. His father died while Šaulić was in Australia on tour for the New Year's Eve holiday. He couldn't attend his father's funeral the next day, and has often said he will never be able to come to terms with this fact.
He released his debut EP Dajte mi utjehu in 1969 when he was eighteen years old.
His wife's name is Gordana (born 1958). Together they have a son Mihajlo, and two daughters, Sanela and Ilda (born 8 December 1978); Ilda is also a singer. For his wife Šaulić wrote and released a hit song for his 1985 album Kafanska noć, titled "Gordana".
- Compilation albums
- "SKANDAL U ŽIVOTU ŠABANA ŠAULIĆA: Oglasila se njegova 40 godina mlađa ljubavnica, evo šta poručuje!". Ekskluziva. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Šaban Šaulić biografija". Poznati. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Pevao sam i plakao na bini dok su mi oca sahranjivali!". Telegraf. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Podržavam izbore svoje dece". Story. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Šaban i Gordana Šaulić: Intimna luka u centru velegrada". Story. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Žena Šabana Šaulića otvorila kafić". Novosti. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Ilda Šaulić". Puls. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Mlada čeka, a ja mladoženji pucam penale". Blic. 23 October 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Volio bih da Ilda i Mihajlo imaju porodice i po troje djece". Express. Retrieved 8 January 2015.