Šibenik-Knin County within Croatia
|• Župan||Goran Pauk (HDZ)|
|• County Assembly|
|• Total||2,984 km2 (1,152 sq mi)|
|• Density||37/km2 (95/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||HR-15|
very high · 11th
Šibenik-Knin County (pronounced [ʃîbeniːk-knîːn]; Croatian Šibensko-kninska županija [ʃîbensko-knîːnskaː ʒupǎnija]) is a county in southern Croatia, located in the north-central part of Dalmatia. The biggest city in the county is Šibenik, which also serves as county seat. Other notable towns in the county are Knin, Drniš and Skradin.
Šibenik-Knin county is administratively subdivided into:
- City of Šibenik
- Town of Drniš
- Town of Knin
- Town of Skradin
- Town of Vodice
- Municipality of Biskupija
- Municipality of Civljane
- Municipality of Ervenik
- Municipality of Kijevo
- Municipality of Kistanje
- Municipality of Murter-Kornati — Murter, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Pirovac
- Municipality of Primošten
- Municipality of Promina — Oklaj, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Rogoznica
- Municipality of Ružić — Gradac, the capital of the municipality
- Municipality of Tisno
- Municipality of Unešić
- Municipality of Bilice
- Municipality of Tribunj — founded in 2006, separated from Vodice
|Historical populations of Šibenik-Knin County|
|Source: Naselja i stanovništvo Republike Hrvatske 1857–2001, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Zagreb, 2005|
In 1991, before the war, Croats were in majority, with a Serb minority of 34.2%.
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 62. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Creation of a Greater Serbia - Bukovica and Ravni Kotari
- Official website (in Croatian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Šibenik-Knin County.|