|Labels||Klopotec / ZARŠ|
tak:til / Glitterbeat
Širom is Slovenian trio formed in 2015, consisting of Iztok Koren (banjo, bass drum, chimes, balafon), Ana Kravanja (violin, viola, ribab, kalimba, bendir, balafon) and Samo Kutin (ukulele, kalimba, tamburica, harps, balafon, sound objects).
Širom play vividly textured and mostly imagined folk music(s). Fusing handmade and global instruments with fearless sound exploration, the results are unbound by tradition or geography.
Members of the trio come from Prekmurje, the Tolmin area, and the Karst Plateau. Their work is noted for its fusion of polyphony and psychedelic music with folk, classical and improvisational elements. Their first album was released in 2016.
The band released the second album 'I Can Be a Clay Snapper' on September 8, 2017 on German label tak:til.
- "Širom s prvencem I. – premiera!". Val 202. 2016-01-11. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Deloskop izpostavlja: Powertrio in Širom". Delo. 2016-01-12. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Širom: I." Mladina (2). 2016-01-15. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Song of the Day: Širom – Trilogija".
- "Širom - tak:til / a glitterbeat label announcement".