ŠKODA Auto India Private Limited
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
|Aurangabad & Chakan|
|Gurpratap Boparai (Managing Director)|
Zac Hollis (Director – Sales, Service & Marketing)
|20,019 units (2010)|
|Revenue|| Kč 12.5 billion (2010) |
₹ 29.9 billion
$ 767.21 million
ŠKODA Auto India Pvt Ltd. has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of ŠKODA Auto, one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe. It has set up a modern manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facility is spread across 300,000 sq. mt. ŠKODA Auto India has a network of 131 outlets across the country. The company sold 30,005 units in 2011, which represented an increase of 50% over the preceding year.
Introduced to the market early in 2002, the Octavia was the first domestically built ŠKODA to be launched in India. Targeted at the Indian premium segment, its handling, fuel efficiency, and low initial price (compared to other products then available in the Indian market) made the Octavia an instant hit with the Indian car user. Its turbocharged direct injection (TDI) diesel engined version, in particular, delivered a high level of fuel efficiency and (for the Indian market) power and torque, resulting in higher level of driveability when compared to existing available products.
ŠKODA Auto India Private Limited (SAIPL) has its assembly plant located at Shendra on the outskirts west of Aurangabad, which has an annual capacity of 89,000 vehicles. Production of the Škoda Fabia ended in 2013 due to low sales and high assembly cost.
Škoda Auto India currently sells the following fundamental models:
- Škoda Superb (launched 2009)
- Škoda Octavia (launched 2014)
- Škoda Rapid (launched 2011)
- Škoda Kodiaq (launched 2017)
- Škoda Octavia (2002-2010)
- Škoda Octavia Combi (2005-2008)
- Škoda Fabia (2008-2010, 2010-2015)
- Skoda Laura (2005-2009, 2009-2013)
- Škoda Yeti (2010-2017)
- Škoda Superb (2004-2009)
Sales and service network
Škoda Auto India Private Limited currently has 64 dealerships and 67 service centres across cities.
In 2014, Škoda Auto India Private Limited sold 15,342 units.
In 2016, Škoda Auto India Private Limited sold 13,414 units.
In 2017, Škoda Auto India Private Limited sold 17,438 units.
In 2018, Škoda Auto India Private Limited sold 17244 units. 
- Make in Maharashtra
- Škoda Auto
- Volkswagen Group
- Volkswagen Group Sales India
- Automotive industry in India
- "Škoda introduces the all New Superb in Diesel & V6 4x4 Petrol versions ~ Inaugurates its 61st facility in India; the largest Concept showroom, Tafe Access in Bangalore" (PDF) (Press release). Škoda Auto India. 8 April 2009. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Škoda Auto India achieves record sales growth of 28.5% in 2008" (PDF) (Press release). Škoda Auto India. 1 January 2009. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Škoda Octavia". Chennai, India: TheHindu.com. 7 February 2002. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Tale of the Indian Volkswagen - Auto - The Economic Times". Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd. EconomicTimes.IndiaTimes.com. 10 April 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "FAQ's Škoda Auto". Skoda-auto.co.in. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's - What are the models offered by ŠkodaAuto India?". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in. 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in. 2011.
- "Skoda India's Three New 2017 Launches Won't Do Anything For 'Make In India'". Bloomberg Quint. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review - Team-BHP". Team-BHP.com. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "ŠKODA India - Dealer Locator panel". dealers.skoda-auto.com. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Skoda India sales growth at 30% for 2017". www.rushlane.com. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "ŠKODA delivers 1.25 million vehicles worldwide in 2018". autoportal.com. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
|Fabia I||Fabia II||Fabia III|
|Small family car||Rapid||Scala|
|Octavia I||Octavia II||Octavia III|
|Large family car||Superb I||Superb II||Superb III|