|League||Lithuanian Basketball League|
|Born||February 20, 1989|
Alytus, Lithuanian SSR, Soviet Union
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||187 lb (85 kg)|
|2007–2008||Žalgiris-Arvydas Sabonis school Kaunas|
|2014–2016||Lietuvos rytas Vilnius|
|2017–2018||Basketball Löwen Braunschweig|
|2019-present||BC SkyCop Prienai|
|Career highlights and awards|
Žygimantas Janavičius (born February 20, 1989) is a Lithuanian professional basketball player for BC Prienai of the Lithuanian Basketball League. Standing at 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) tall and weighing 187 pounds (85 kg), he plays as a point guard.
In 2007, Janavičius signed with the Žalgiris of Kaunas. He played one season for youth team, which were competing in NKL, and became the champion of the league. He played for BC Žalgiris in 2008–09, and half of the season in 2009–10, but because of small role in the court he asked for to be loaned for Kauno Aisčiai. He finished the season there. 2010–11 he played for BC Šiauliai. He started the season of 2011/12 in Kauno Baltai, but in the end of season joined BC Žalgiris. After becoming the champion of LKL, he also became free agent.
National team career
Janavičius won two silvers medals while representing the Lithuanian youth squads in 2006 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and 2008 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. In 2014, coach Jonas Kazlauskas included Janavičius into the preliminary 24 players squad for the main Lithuania national basketball team, though he failed to compete for the spot in the national team's roster due to a broken palm. Janavičius was included into the candidates list once again in 2015. He did not make it to the EuroBasket 2015 roster either during his second try, when Lukas Lekavičius was taken instead of him less than a week before the championship start.
- "Ž.Janavičius ir T.Šležas – LKL bronzos laimėtojo "Rūdupio" naujokai" (in Lithuanian). tritaskis.lt. 3 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- LTU - Numerous options as Kazlauskas announces list for Spain 2014 (in English)
- "Mačiulis prisijungė prie rinktinės, Janavičiui lūžo delnas". BasketNews.lt. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Paviešintas Lietuvos rinktinės kandidatų sąrašas". Delfi.lt. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "Dvejonės baigėsi – Jonas Kazlauskas paskelbė galutinį rinktinės dvyliktuką". 24sek.lt. Retrieved 1 September 2015.