|Locale||Ürümqi, Xinjiang, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||
1 (under construction)
|Number of stations||12|
|Operation will start||Summer 2018|
|Operator(s)||Ürümqi Rail Transit Corporation|
|System length||16.56 km (10.29 mi)|
The Ürümqi Metro is a metro system currently in operation in Ürümqi, capital of the Xinjiang Autonomous Region in China. The Ürümqi Metro has submitted plans for 7 lines totalling 211.9 km in length with an estimated cost of 31.24 billion yuan.
(Saybag / Xinshi)
Line 1 has been approved and is currently under construction since 20 March 2014. Line 1 connects Ürümqi Diwopu Airport through downtown Ürümqi and ending at the Southern Long Distance Bus Station (南郊客运站). It has a total length of 26.5 km and 21 stations (16 underground, 5 elevated). Line 1 was originally planned to open by the end of 2016 but projections have since been pushed back to the end of 2018, and then to 2019. However, the projection opening date was revised again and set to be operational in sometime during the summer of 2018.
Line under construction
Line 2 is being planned to connect Ürümqi's High Speed railway station with the urban centre. Line 2 will have 15 elevated stations, a total length of 21.4 km and is planned to open in 2019.
- 刘若涵إذا سحارةليو (2012-04-20). "新疆乌鲁木齐市投资312.4亿元建设两条轨道交通". 天山网. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- 张亚庆 (2012-09-14). "乌鲁木齐市地铁一号线沿线勘查开始招标". 天山网. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- 刘若涵 (2012-04-23). "乌鲁木齐轨道交通1号线计划2016年年底开通运营". 天山网. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- 王媛媛 (2014-01-21). "乌鲁木齐市地铁1号线拟定站名 2018年底有望通车". 新华网. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "乌鲁木齐地铁1号线北段6月底将载客试运营". Xinhua. Urumqi Evening News. Retrieved 29 March 2018.