|Divisors||1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100|
|Unicode symbol(s)||C, ⅽ|
100 is the basis of percentages (per cent meaning "per hundred" in Latin), with 100% being a full amount.
100 is the sum of the first nine prime numbers, as well as the sum of some pairs of prime numbers e.g., 3 + 97, 11 + 89, 17 + 83, 29 + 71, 41 + 59, and 47 + 53.
100 is the sum of the cubes of the first four integers (100 = 13 + 23 + 33 + 43). This is related by Nicomachus's theorem to the fact that 100 also equals the square of the sum of the first four integers: 100 = 102 = (1 + 2 + 3 + 4)2.
100 is an 18-gonal number. It is divisible by 25, the number of primes below it. It can not be expressed as the difference between any integer and the total of coprimes below it, making it a noncototient. It can be expressed as a sum of some of its divisors, making it a semiperfect number.
There are exactly 100 prime numbers whose digits are in strictly ascending order (e.g. 239, 2357 etc.).
100 is the smallest number whose common logarithm is a prime number (i.e. 10n for which n is prime).
The Kármán line lies at an altitude of 100 kilometres above the Earth's sea level and is commonly used to define the boundary between Earth's atmosphere and outer space.
- There are 100 blasts of the Shofar heard in the service of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.
- A religious Jew is expected to utter at least 100 blessings daily.
- In Hindu Religion - Mythology Book Mahabharata - Dhritarashtra had 100 sons known as kauravas.
The 100 Euro banknotes feature a picture of a Rococo gateway on the obverse and a Baroque bridge on the reverse.
The U.S. hundred-dollar bill has Benjamin Franklin's portrait; the "Benjamin" is the largest U.S. bill in print. American savings bonds of $100 have Thomas Jefferson's portrait, while American $100 treasury bonds have Andrew Jackson's portrait.
In other fields
One hundred is also:
- The number of years in a century.
- The number of pounds in an American short hundredweight.
- In Greece, India, Israel and Nepal, 100 is the police telephone number.
- In Belgium, 100 is the ambulance and firefighter telephone number.
- In United Kingdom, 100 is the operator telephone number.
- The HTTP status code indicating that the client should continue with its request.
- The 100 (TV series)
- The age at which a person becomes a centenarian.
- The number of yards in an American football field (not including the end zones).
- The number of runs required for a cricket batsman to score a century, a significant milestone.
- The number of points required for a snooker cueist to score a century break, a significant milestone.
- The record number of points scored in one NBA game by a single player, set by Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia Warriors on March 2, 1962.
- 1 vs. 100
- AFI's 100 Years...
- Hundred (division)
- Hundred (word)
- Hundred Days
- Hundred Years' War
- List of highways numbered 100
- Top 100
- Greatest 100
- Reïnforced by but not originally derived from Latin centum.
- "Sloane's A000537 : Sum of first n cubes; or n-th triangular number squared". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation.
- "Sloane's A076980 : Leyland numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Sloane's A051870 : 18-gonal numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- Insights, September 28, 2011.
- Leo Rosten, The Joys of Yiddish (1968), page 52.
- Grasso, John (2013), Historical Dictionary of Football, Scarecrow Press, p. 133, ISBN 9780810878570.
- Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2011, pp. 1270-72, lists of double hundreds, hundreds, fastest hundreds etc., ed. Scyld Berry, pub John Wisden & Co Ltd. (April 2011). ISBN 978-1-4081-3130-5.
- ESPN Cricinfo list of centuries http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/index.html?category=3;class=1
- Wilt Chamberlain. (14 September 2010). In Basketball Legend Chamberlain Dies at 63. Retrieved September 14, 2010 from https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/nba/daily/oct99/13/chamberlain13.htm
- Wells, D. The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers London: Penguin Group. (1987): 133
|Look up hundred in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 100 (number).|