(Redirected from ∅ (disambiguation))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ø (and ø) is a Scandinavian vowel letter.
The letter Ø or the symbol ∅ (a circle crossed by a diagonal slash) etc. may also refer to:
- Close-mid front rounded vowel (IPA: ø)
- Zero (linguistics) (∅)
- Berber Academy yah (ⵁ), a Tifinagh letter, corresponding to "h"
Science, technology and engineering
- Slashed zero (0̸), a representation of the number 0 (zero) to distinguish it from the letter O
- The symbol for diameter (⌀),
- A symbol to represent a phenyl group
- Empty set ( or ∅ as a character) in mathematical set theory,
- Latitude, for geographical coordinates
- Ø, Denmark, a piece of land in Jutland, Denmark
- Half-diminished seventh chord (ø), in music
- Ø, the solo identity of Finnish musician Mika Vainio of electronic music band Pan Sonic
- Ø (Disambiguation), a 2010 studio album by Florida post-hardcore band Underoath
Circle with a diagonal slash
- Circled division slash (⊘),
- No entry sign (🚫),
Circle crossed by a vertical bar
- Voiceless bilabial fricative (IPA: ɸ)
- Phi (Φ and φ), a Greek letter, corresponding to "f" or "ph"
- Ef (Cyrillic) (Ф and ф), a Cyrillic letter, corresponding to "f" or "ph"
Circle with a vertical bar
- Yah (ⵀ), a Tifinagh letter, corresponding to "h" or "b"
Circle with a horizontal bar
- Voiceless dental fricative (IPA: θ)
- Theta (Θ and θ), a Greek letter, corresponding to "th"
- Fita (Ѳ and ѳ), an Old Cyrillic letter, corresponding to "f" and transliterating Greek theta
- Oe (Cyrillic) (Ө and ө), Cyrillic barred O, representing an open-mid front rounded vowel in some Turkic and Mongolic languages
- Yab (ⴱ), a Tifinagh letter, corresponding to "b"
- Waterline (
o), the line where the hull of a ship meets the surface of the water
- Standard state (
o), in chemistry