Židikai Marija Pečkauskaitė secondary school
|Židikai Marija Pečkauskaitė secondary school|
Well-educated and spiritual human prepared to live in civil society
This school is the oldest one in Mažeikiai district municipality. It was founded in 1865. In 1989 the name of Marija Pečkauskaitė was given to school in order to honor famous author and educational Šatrijos Ragana who lived in Židikai from 1915 until her death in 1930.
Principals of the school
- Juozas Garška (1940-1948)
- Algirdas Gailius (1949-1956)
- Irena Paulauskienė (1956-1958)
- Birutė Kekienė (1959-1964)
- Aleksandras Bašermanovas (1964-1969)
- Vytautas Rimiškis (1969-1975)
- Alfonsas Dagys (1975-1985)
- Paulius Perminas (1985-1990)
- Andrius Meinorius (1990-1993)
- Rima Širvinskienė (1993–present)
- Poet and translator Alfonas Bukontas (born 1941).
- Author, journalist and editor Laimonas Inis (born 1938).
- Politician and signatory of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the State of Lithuania Klemas Inta (born 1941).
- Director of Žemaitė Drama theater of Telšiai Laimutė Pocevičienė.
|This Lithuanian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|