'Neath the Arizona Skies
|'Neath the Arizona Skies|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Harry L. Fraser|
|Produced by||Paul Malvern for Lone Star Productions|
|Written by||Burl R. Tuttle|
|Edited by||Charles J. Hunt|
|Distributed by||Monogram Pictures Corporation|
'Neath the Arizona Skies is a 1934 Western film directed by Harry L. Fraser, produced by Lone Star Productions, released by Monogram Pictures and starring John Wayne. Wayne's character attempts to locate a little girl's father, so that she may claim a $50,000 Indian oil claim. The film co-stars Sheila Terry and Shirley Jean Rickert.
Chris Morrell (John Wayne), the guardian of half-Indian girl Nina (Shirley Jean Rickert), is helping her find her missing white father, so she can cash in on her late mother's oil lease. Outlaw Sam Black (Yakima Canutt) is after the girl and her father as well. Besides dealing with the Black gang, Morrell has to find another robber, Jim Moore, who switches clothes with him when he finds Morrell unconscious after a fight with Sam Black. Along the way, he meets a woman who is the sister of Jim Moore (Buffalo Bill Jr.), another bad hombre in cahoots with Moore, and an old friend who takes in Nina and helps Morrell locate Nina's father and fight off the various desperadoes. George "Gabby" Hayes played a featured character with a speaking role, but his name was omitted from the cast list in the opening credits.
- John Wayne as Chris Morrell
- Sheila Terry as Clara Moore
- Shirley Jean Rickert as Nina (credited as Shirley Jane Rickert)
- Jack Rockwell as Vic Byrd
- Yakima Canutt as Sam Black
- Harry L. Fraser as henchman in the brush (credited as Weston Edwards)
- Jay Wilsey as Jim Moore (credited as Buffalo Bill Jr.)
- Philip Kieffer as Jameson Hodges (credited as Phil Keefer)
- Earl Dwire as Tom
- George "Gabby" Hayes as Matt Downing (uncredited)
- Ricci, Mark; Zmijewsky, Boris; Zmijewsky, Steve (January 1983). The Complete Films of John Wayne. New York: Citadel Press. p. 320. ISBN 978-0-8065-0872-6.
- NY Times review.
- Landesman, Fred (May 2004). The John Wayne Filmography. Jefferson, North Carolina, and London: McFarland & Company. p. 536. ISBN 978-0-7864-1779-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 'Neath the Arizona Skies.|
- 'Neath the Arizona Skies at the American Film Institute Catalog
- 'Neath the Arizona Skies on Internet Movie Database
- 'Neath the Arizona Skies is available for free download at the Internet Archive
|This 1930s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|