'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose
|"'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose"|
|Single by Keith Whitley with Lorrie Morgan|
|from the album Greatest Hits|
|Songwriter(s)||Bill Rice, Sharon Vaughn|
|Keith Whitley singles chronology|
"'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose" is a single by American country music artist Leon Everette. It was released in 1985 from his Mercury Records album Where's the Fire. His version of the song peaked at number 44 on Hot Country Songs.
The song was later covered by Keith Whitley as a duet with then-wife Lorrie Morgan. Posthumously released in July 1990, it was the only single from his Greatest Hits album. This version peaked at number 13 on the country singles charts and won the Vocal Event of the Year at the Country Music Association awards.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||44|
Keith Whitley with Lorrie Morgan
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||13|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 139. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Whitburn, pp. 459-460
- "Tell Me Why". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "In Spite of Ourselves". 1999.
- "Leon Everette Chart History (Hot Country Songs)" Billboard.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1298." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 6, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Keith Whitley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)" Billboard.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|