(It) Feels So Good
|"(It) Feels So Good"|
|Single by Steven Tyler|
|Released||May 10, 2011|
|Genre||pop rock, power pop|
|Songwriter(s)||Steven Tyler and Marti Frederiksen|
|Steven Tyler singles chronology|
"(It) Feels So Good" is a song by Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler. Written by Tyler and Marti Frederiksen, it features background vocals from American recording artist Nicole Scherzinger. It premiered on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles on May 9, 2011 and released digitally via iTunes and Amazon MP3 on May 10, 2011. Though he had collaborative work with several musicians, it is his first solo single.
Originally titled "Oxygen", the track was written in 2002 during the making of Aerosmith's 'career-spanning compilation' O Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits and is in a similar vein to pop-orientated efforts such as Just Push Play. The band instead opted to record "Girls of Summer" and "Lay It Down". Tyler subsequently recorded a demo of the song, which later leaked to the Internet.
The cover photo was taken by Steve Erle. The logo used can be found on much of Tyler's clothing range (e.g. jackets, shirts, etc.), while the font is a similar style to that of the Aerosmith logo.
The music video for the song was directed by Ray Kay. Kay, in the past has directed videos for Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Melanie C, Justin Bieber and Adam Lambert. Filming took place in April 2011 and the world premiere took place on Thursday, May 12, 2011 on American Idol where Tyler was a member of the judging panel alongside Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson. It features Nicole Scherzinger, who also provides backing vocals.
Tribute Mega Stars made an album with a cover of the song, an instrumental mix, an a cappella mix, a drums and vocals mix, and a mix with no drums.
"(It) Feels So Good" made its debut on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 35, the highest charting song by any member of Aerosmith since 2001's "Jaded". It also debuted at number 24 on Hot Digital Songs, with 77,000 downloads. As of July 15, 2011, the song has sold 197,000 copies.
|Canada Rock (Billboard)||23|
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||17|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||37|
- "(It) Feels So Good (Cover Mix Tribute to Steven Tyler): Tribute Mega Stars: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Country dominates week's 'Idol' track sales". Content.usatoday.com. 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Steven Tyler Chart History (Canada Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- "Steven Tyler Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- "Steven Tyler Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- "Steven Tyler Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2018.