|Look up *, Star, asterisk, splat, or star in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
* is an asterisk, a typographical symbol or glyph.
* may also refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- "*", a song by M83
- "Asterisk" (song) or "*: Asterisk", by Orange Range
- "*", a song by Sadist from Lego
- *, the logo for the alternative rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- *, a symbol for not out in cricket
- *, a symbol identifying a genetic lineage as a paragroup of a specified haplogroup
- Star (game theory), the value given to the game where both players have only the option of moving to the zero game
- *, in linguistics, a symbol that prefixes a word or phrase that, in historical linguistics, is a reconstructed form for which no actual examples have been found
- *, the symbol is used to refer a reader to a footnote
- *, the symbol is used to refer a reader to an endnote
- *, the beginning of a vertical service code in telephony
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title *.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.