|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Internet Society of Armenia|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Armenia, domain names preferably using the Armenian alphabet|
.հայ (Armenian: Հայ, translit. hay, hye) is an Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Armenia, designated for two-letter country code AM, intended for domain names in the Armenian language. As of 2016, it is active.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) made a decision on November 20, 2014 to register the .հայ domain name. Support for .հայ Armenian language domain names is intended to promote the use of the Armenian keyboard globally, drive support for Armenian fonts on modern mobile devices, and generally promote use of the Armenian language online.
A report published by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) which works with the US government and ICANN stated that, "as the current operator of .AM ccTLD, the application has provided satisfactory details on the technical and operational infrastructure and expertise that will be used to operate the .հայ domain."
- "ICANN". Delegation of the .հայ ("hye") domain representing Armenia in Armenian script to the Internet Society of Armenia. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- "IANA — .հայ Domain Delegation Data". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- "Armenia registers new .հայ domain name | Media Managers Club". mediamanagersclub.org. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- "IANA — Report on the Delegation of the .հայ ("hye") country code top-level domain representing Armenia in Armenian script to Armenia". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- ".հայ Approved as Unique Domain Suffix for Armenia". Asbarez.com. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- "Domain Tools". ds.viocube.com. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|