|Introduced||19 October 1988|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Singapore|
|Actual use||Popular in Singapore|
|Registered domains||192,788 (Aug 2021)|
|Registration restrictions||Singapore presence required; third-level names have various restrictions depending on which second level label they are under|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the third level beneath generic categories, or directly at the second level; special .idn.sg category exists for internationalized domain names|
|Documents||Policies and agreements|
|Dispute policies||Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy|
In 2011, two new internationalized country code top-level domains were registered for Singapore, intended for domain names in the local languages. These domains are .新加坡 (encoded as .xn—yfro4i67o) and .சிங்கப்பூர் (encoded as .xn—clchc0ea0b2g2a9gcd).
- .com.sg – Commercial entities
- .net.sg – Network providers and info-com operators
- .org.sg – Organizations in the Registry of Societies
- .gov.sg – Government entities
- .edu.sg – Educational institutions
- .per.sg – Personal domain names
- .sg – Open to all with a valid Singapore postal address
- .新加坡 – for Chinese websites
- .சிங்கப்பூர் – for Tamil websites
.sg domain statistics
As of August 2021, there were 192,788 registered .sg domains.
- "Registration Statistics". SGNIC PTE Ltd. Retrieved 10 May 2021.
- "IDN ccTLD Fast Track String Evaluation Completion - ICANN". www.icann.org. Retrieved 16 February 2021.