...(And That's No Lie)
|"...(And That's No Lie)"|
|Single by Heaven 17|
|from the album How Men Are|
|Format||7" single, 12" single, cassette|
|Genre||Synthpop, new wave|
|Songwriter(s)||Glenn Gregory, Ian Craig Marsh, Martyn Ware|
|Producer(s)||British Electric Foundation, Greg Walsh|
|Heaven 17 singles chronology|
"...(And That's No Lie)" is synthpop trio Heaven 17's third single of 1985 from the album How Men Are. It was written by all three members. The single was released early 1985 and peaked at #52 in the UK, spending 5 weeks on the chart. This was the band's first single to miss the top 50 since 1983. A promotional video was created for the single.
Allmusic mentioned the track in the review of "How Men Are", "Highlights are numerous, including the very long but very wonderful "And That's No Lie." A strong melody, stunning vocals from Glenn Gregory, and tight production equal a fascinating glimpse into the human struggle." The track is also recommended by allmusic.
The 12" single was released as a series of five separate records, though the only difference was the design of the sleeve.
The "The Heaven 17 Megamix" which appeared on the 12" version of this single includes previous tracks "This Is Mine", "Crushed by the Wheels of Industry", "Height of The Fighting (He La Hu)", "Penthouse and Pavement", "Temptation", "I'm Your Money" and "Play to Win".
In 2007, backing vocals by British singing group Afrodiziak appeared in "No More Lies", a house track by German composer/producer falconi with much more "Enhanced Danceability".
Formats and track listings
|Irish Singles Chart||22||2|
|UK Singles Chart||52||5|
- Drum Programming - Martyn Ware
- Producer - British Electric Foundation, Greg Walsh
- Programmed By - Greg Walsh
- Synthesizer - Ian Craig Marsh
- Vocals - Glenn Gregory
- Remixer of "The Heaven 17 Megamix" - Sanny X
- "Heaven 17 - How Men Are at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2011-07-16. Archived from the original on 2013-07-31. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "HEAVEN 17 | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- Badgley, Aaron. "How Men Are - Heaven 17". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Heaven 17 - ...(And That's No Lie) (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-11. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Jaclyn Ward (1962-10-01). "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". Irishcharts.ie. Archived from the original on 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2011-08-12.